Importing MRE|S to Canada

Buying, selling, and trading rations
dorikaze

Importing MRE|S to Canada

Post by dorikaze » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:04 am

There has been a Canadian food agency notice thing that states that no food product contains beef is allowed for import. My friend just got some from eBay and well it never made it in the country. But you can get them in by picking them up at a USA depot. It doesn’t make any sense but that’s what they want, besides its cheaper to pick them up then to have them ship to your house. Just a notice for anybody in Canada trying to get them in. I’m actually going next week to Blain WA to pick them up, If you live in the Vancouver area the best place is Blaine Enterprises (360) 332-6825 936 Peace Portal Drive Blaine, WA 98230. 10 min from peace arch and there cheap. I pick up all my shipments from there, there really cheap but there hours of operations suck. Also, just a reminder if the custom ass try’s to charge duty on them he can’t but only charge you duty on the shipping part. Its part of the NAFT thing that doesn’t work.

yamalube

Post by yamalube » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:47 pm

does anyone know what is the best way to ship mre's with heaters?. I recently bought some sopak mre's without heaters and i had them shipped via USPS and i had no trouble. But, i was wondering if anyone has used UPS to ship mre's with heaters to canada. How much where the border fees with ups?.

-Thanks

dorikaze

Post by dorikaze » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:44 pm

you should be ok if they have not been opened, but safe than sorry pick it up from a depot in the US or order from canada.

MCIera

Post by MCIera » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:18 am

UPS shipments by UPS Standard (ground to Canada) do not include the Customs Brokerage fee to process the package through Customs. The brokerage fee is generally around $30-60 CAD. If you are in one of the border cities, it is sometimes worth the drive across the border to pick it up at a US location.
yamalube wrote:does anyone know what is the best way to ship mre's with heaters?. I recently bought some sopak mre's without heaters and i had them shipped via USPS and i had no trouble. But, i was wondering if anyone has used UPS to ship mre's with heaters to canada. How much where the border fees with ups?.

-Thanks

kman
Site Admin

Post by kman » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:10 pm

Depending how what kind of pricing and shipping you have for the MREs, you might also want to consider buying the MealKitSupplyCanada MREs:

http://www.mreinfo.com/civilian/mre/mea ... -kits.html
and
http://mealkitsupplycanada.com/

There MREs are the exact same as the Sopakco Sure-Pak 12s but with custom menus (which are pretty good, IMHO). They're pre-imported into Canada so you don't have to worry about Customs.