The HMMWV/Humvee makes it's return to the civilian market as

For non-MRE, non-ration topics
fdsman

The HMMWV/Humvee makes it's return to the civilian market as

Post by fdsman » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:08 am

http://genuinehumveekit.com/#!prettyPhoto

The HUMVEE® C–Series™ Kit is a civilian product with the best in industry mobility technology made available for the first time to the general public. Many of the basics are supplied — aircraft quality aluminum riveted body, exceptionally durable chassis, and a basic soft top structure that screams "off–road ready". A trimmed–out interior that you can customize to your liking provides the final finish. The HUMVEE C–Series is ready to crawl over its competition and climb into the lead of the 4X4 civilian market. Just add your own powertrain and you're ready to roll!

Unfortunately due to GM holding all the rights to the H1, AM General cannot offer power windows, power locks, heated windscreens, radio/CD players, leather interiors, or any other iconic/exclusive H1 features.

This version of the HMMWV is far far closer to military spec ones than the H1s ever were. Most if not all the parts for the HMMWV and H1 will fit this body.

The only down side is due to EPA regulations, they cannot offer this with a power train, so you have to provide and install that yourself.

rationtin440

Re: The HMMWV/Humvee makes it's return to the civilian marke

Post by rationtin440 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:15 am

Cool! Of course it would be nice if they offered an outdoor/hunting/shtf bug-out package including a ration heating system similar to the military one.

Ruleryak
eBay name: ruleryak

Post by Ruleryak » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:19 pm

I picked up my Humvee friendly ration heating setup for around $15 shipped on eBay. Do these have the smaller, 24v power port (cigarette lighter style, but smaller around and twice the voltage of a normal one)?

fdsman

Post by fdsman » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:04 pm

Ruleryak wrote:I picked up my Humvee friendly ration heating setup for around $15 shipped on eBay. Do these have the smaller, 24v power port (cigarette lighter style, but smaller around and twice the voltage of a normal one)?
As far as I know these will be standard 12v systems.

dirtbag

Post by dirtbag » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:16 pm

Hard to believe that there's a Volkswagon Beetle under that Kit Kar... :lol:
Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO

Bypah

Post by Bypah » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:41 am

I thought the whole civilian Hummer line was bought by a Chinese company. :roll: :shock:
"Live long and prosper..."

fdsman

Post by fdsman » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:56 pm

Bypah wrote:I thought the whole civilian Hummer line was bought by a Chinese company. :roll: :shock:

"In 2009, a Chinese manufacturer, Sichuan Tengzhong Heavy Industrial Machinery Company, announced that it would acquire Hummer, pending government approvals, but later withdrew its bid. On February 24, 2010, Reuters reported that the Chinese ministry of commerce had prevented the deal. At the end of February, General Motors announced it would begin dismantling the Hummer brand."

"In December 1999, AM General and General Motors Corporation finalized an agreement to jointly pursue product, marketing and distribution opportunities for HUMMER. GM acquired the exclusive ownership of the HUMMER brand name worldwide and the current HUMMER was renamed the HUMMER H1. In 2002, AM General began assembling the HUMMER H2, a new "next generation" sport utility vehicle designed by GM, at a new factory in Mishawaka. GM now has responsibility for marketing and distributing all HUMMERs. Although GM acquired the HUMMER brand, they do not own any part of AM General."

AM General was quite clever in that they trademarked HUMVEE considering that is the nickname for the HMMWV. This still gives them some recognition whilst avoiding any legal conflict with GM.