Polish SR menu #6

Reviews of rations from abroad - British ration packs, EPA, IMP, RCIR, etc.
Mr Haha Jones

Polish SR menu #6

Post by Mr Haha Jones » Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:29 pm

Hi everyone,

I am not a very active poster on this forum, but after having good transactions with members here, I wanted to give back a little, so I am going to review a Polish SR menu #6 that Bart was kind enough to send out. Bear in mind I am not a wordsmith, but I will give it my best shot :)
I started off with the chicken and pork pate. Having only had liver pate from a Russian IRP, which was too strong for me, I was unsure what to expect. This was mild and tasty, but I added a sprinkle of salt, and that really brought out the flavors!
The FRH heated up quickly, but the main was not too terribly warm. Here we have kielbasa and cabbage. There were quite a few delicious chunks of sliced kielbasa, and the cabbage stew was very good to eat on its own once the meat was all gone.
I was not sure if the drink mix was supposed to be used with hot or cold water since it took awhile to fully dissolve, but I mixed it with cold since it was a hot day. It was a refreshing lemon flavored tea that was sweet enough as-is, and didn’t need any sugar added.
The strawberry jam tasted natural, though I am not skilled at differentiating between that and artificial, and had little seed chunks sprinkled throughout. The included crackers were a little too hard for the jam, so I ate most of it out of the container :lol:
To finish it off, I had the cherry cereal bar. It had a rich dominant cherry and black currant flavor, though there were other fruits present in the ingredients (apricots, raisins, and some others I don’t recall). The Vitamin C candy had a citrus/apple flavor to it, but the coffee candy was the standout from the accessory packet; I don’t know if there was any caffeine in it, but it was very strong in taste!
All in all, even though it was past its expiration date of 11/20, this was a very delicious and filling meal, with much fresher and more natural tasting components than what I’ve had in US MREs.

Sailswish

Re: Polish SR menu #6

Post by Sailswish » Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:16 pm

Excellent review. I will be doing a video unboxing, for now, eating later, of 2 Polish rations from Bart that he generously offered for free. Just pay the postage sometime last month or so. My YT channel is MarkSwisherEats&Stuff.

bart

Post by bart » Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:35 pm

Great review! Glad they arrived in one piece

Still for 4 of the rations to give away if anyone is interested

RockyRaab

Post by RockyRaab » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:35 am

Coincidentally, I just finished that same ration. I had eaten the main some time ago and took the remainder of the goodies on this week's fishing trip for my boat lunch. The chicken and pork was indeed excellent (those Poles REALLY understand pork!) and I enjoyed my first taste of "Tank tread" hardtack along with the meat. I still have the candies and honey, plus the other packet of hardtack. Wishing I could get another of these rations some day.

Bart, you have some? I'm interested. EDIT: Wait. Just noticed your location. Are rations arriving in the US without being opened and confiscated by Customs?
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.