The USDA is after me for ordering French Rations - NEW 5/21 UPDATES! This is happening! To everybody :-(

Discussions about rations from other countries - IMPs, EPAs, RCIRs, etc.
hayamidan

Re: The USDA is after me for ordering French Rations - IMPORTANT UPDATE POSTED April 8th!!! Everybody needs to read!

Post by hayamidan » Tue May 21, 2019 1:42 am

Art and Nina from Foreignmre.com just posted a video about the same thing. An armed agent came to their house to inform them of the action being taken against them. Go watch it.

Ahamby
eBay name: amaha_6616

Re: The USDA is after me for ordering French Rations - IMPORTANT UPDATE POSTED April 8th!!! Everybody needs to read!

Post by Ahamby » Tue May 21, 2019 9:04 am

I tried to order a few things from another well known seller of international rations last night and it will not allow me to ship anything international. I can put it in my cart but it will not update shipping charges. I did a test and emptied the cart and replaced the international items with US MREs and it worked fine. This is a bummer! I am new to the hobby. I've heard that the government could be monitoring youtubers as well that do international rations. Looks like I will be doing only US MRE and civilian US rations from here on out.

KML1989

Post by KML1989 » Tue May 21, 2019 5:40 pm

https://www.fsis.usda.gov/wps/portal/fs ... blishments

Not all hope is lost, but if I'm not mistaken, whoever begs these items must have a permit...so it looks like were down to black market ration selling? Yikes

mikeoverhere
eBay name: mikeoverhere

Post by mikeoverhere » Wed May 22, 2019 2:28 am

hayamidan wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 1:42 am
Art and Nina from Foreignmre.com just posted a video about the same thing. An armed agent came to their house to inform them of the action being taken against them. Go watch it.
People need to watch this video. Art and Nina are going through exactly what I was put through. It's just a matter of time for companies, private sellers and consumers to be contacted, as well as Youtube reviewers. This is happening.
Socrate's last words: "I drank what?"

michel2827
eBay name: onkelcarsten

Re: The USDA is after me for ordering French Rations - NEW 5/21 UPDATES! This is happening! To everybody :-(

Post by michel2827 » Wed May 22, 2019 3:46 pm

As far as i know from Art's & Ninas video you are allowed to import vegitarian rations. But to figure out what ration is veggi or not would be difficult.
Tried lots of foreign rations from Europe and Northern America. Want to try Asian and South American rations

paintballer4lfe
eBay name: paintballer4lfe09

Re: The USDA is after me for ordering French Rations - NEW 5/21 UPDATES! This is happening! To everybody :-(

Post by paintballer4lfe » Wed May 22, 2019 4:08 pm

Late to the party on this but i'm curious what will happen to myself. I've bought international rations (some confiscated and most not) since 2010/2011 and so far no visit.

I've recently completed 3 orders all from different countries filled with USDA prohibited items that were delivered fine. I'm all for following the rules and what not but as a veteran i find it a little ridiculous our government is wasting resources on ration confiscation and making it harder/impossible simply to obtain meats and what not from different countries.

I'll have to keep an eye out for future fed visits, what's funny is that i've worked as a civilian contractor in a building across from the USDA here in Denver and brought in a full Russian 24hr without issue lol.
Does anyone know if they're going off of shipment history for "camping items" or just obvious packages labled "rations" or "camping food"?

Edit: just watched Foreignmre video, looks like i may be a USDA target if they're looking into purchaser's and not re sellers lol.

Side note also:
Anyone know if this is valid for any youtubers/purchasers?
https://www.fsis.usda.gov/wps/portal/fs ... onsumption

mikeoverhere

Post by mikeoverhere » Wed May 22, 2019 11:54 pm

paintballer4lfe wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 4:08 pm

Edit: just watched Foreignmre video, looks like i may be a USDA target if they're looking into purchaser's and not re sellers lol.
I was just a purchaser (private consumer), they are indeed going after both sellers and buyers. All I did was purchase off of eBay. Anyone importing meat private and commercial alike is breaking the law if they do not have a permit including the exporter. As far as I know the visits started at least as far back as March (my case occurred in March of this year) and they are ramping up. They will be going after companies, sellers, buyers, and even YouTube reviewers. You have been warned.

paintballer4lfe
eBay name: paintballer4lfe09

Post by paintballer4lfe » Thu May 23, 2019 12:13 am

mikeoverhere wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 11:54 pm
paintballer4lfe wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 4:08 pm

I was just a purchaser (private consumer), they are indeed going after both sellers and buyers. All I did was purchase off of eBay. Anyone importing meat private and commercial alike is breaking the law if they do not have a permit including the exporter. As far as I know the visits started at least as far back as March (my case occurred in March of this year) and they are ramping up. They will be going after companies, sellers, buyers, and even YouTube reviewers. You have been warned.
I'm not too worried about it, worst thing that'll happen is they'll come and "confiscate" the meat that I've already eaten. I'll be sure to have a chat with them about getting German ration meat being taken from a package of mine in 2012 and that same ration being served to Katrina victims back in 2005 lol.

It's a shame their lack of ability to do their jobs at port of entry is bringing all this out in the wild.

mikeoverhere

Post by mikeoverhere » Thu May 23, 2019 12:18 am

I don't think they are going back that far, basically just starting this year and going forward. A case will be opened with threat of federal prosecution if you get caught, which is what happened to me.

bknight3
eBay name: bancheta

Post by bknight3 » Thu May 23, 2019 11:46 am

mikeoverhere wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 12:18 am
I don't think they are going back that far, basically just starting this year and going forward. A case will be opened with threat of federal prosecution if you get caught, which is what happened to me.
I am curious on what the public reaction would be if they arrested someone like Steve or Gundog.

Speaking of which, I hope the get together doesn't get raided.