Sopacko 14 Meal Individual~Meatball marinara

Reviews of Civilian MREs (Sure-Pak, aPack, etc.) as well as other civilian ready-to-eat food
FREMONT

Sopacko 14 Meal Individual~Meatball marinara

Post by FREMONT » Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:54 am

Salutations ration enthusiast! Here's my first review! The meatball marinara menu of a Sopacko 14 meal individual! This ration is essentially a scaled down version of a Sure-pack 12, which is basically a commercial version of the US military MRE. It is used by the US government entity, FEMA. The Federal Emergency Management Agency, helps relief civilian populations during times of disaster. The Sopacko 14 contains no accessory packet, has one ration heater for each MRE, one entree, one set of crackers, one dessert, cheese spread, peanut butter spread, one drink mix, and one white plastic spoon. The case I received was dated 6/16 (June 2016).
IMG_0321.JPG
Front of Ration
IMG_0322.JPG
Rear of ration
IMG_0323.JPG
Nutrition label
IMG_0324.JPG
Complete ration
IMG_0325.JPG
First Strike Energy Bar, Mocha flavored
IMG_0326.JPG
Beverage Base powder, Orange
IMG_0327.JPG
Crackers
IMG_0328.JPG
Peanut butter and Cheese Spread
IMG_0329.JPG
White Spoon
IMG_0330.JPG
Sure-pack 12 MRE heater

Part 2 Below!
Good luck and may your rations stay unspoiled!

FREMONT

Re: Sopacko 14 Meal Individual~Meatball marinara

Post by FREMONT » Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:36 am

Part 2!
IMG_0331.JPG
Preparing the meal!
IMG_0332.JPG
The beverage powder in a glass. There was no clumping of the powder, it looked and tasted as good as new.
IMG_0333.JPG
Bonus picture of cat :)
IMG_0334.JPG
Cheese spread on the cracker. Despite solidifying in storage, I found the cheese spread to be quite tasty. I found the solid like spread to be reminiscent of cheese curds.
IMG_0336.JPG
Now the main entree! After heating for 10-12 minutes, I opened the sealed meatballs and marinara sauce to be at a adequate temperature and taste. The meatballs were enjoyable and the sauce was tasty despite being high in sodium. (1030mg of sodium).
IMG_0337.JPG
Although I don't drink coffee (I think it's gross, don't judge) I found the First Strike mocha bar to be acceptable in taste. The bar was quite a nice touch to the meal, but I wouldn't go as far as calling it a dessert.
IMG_0338.JPG
Last but not least: Peanut butter. The peanut butter was at perfect consistency. Unlike the cheese spread, the peanut butter stayed the same since the day it was sealed in it's little package. This and the cheese spread offers some nice flavor to the standard dull MRE crackers.

All and all, it was a pretty nice meal considering it's main purpose is to feed mass quantities of people in emergency situations (such as hurricanes). It's a cost effective solution for the US government to feed it's citizens without draining it's supplies of military issued MREs and other sanctioned rations.

I hope you guys enjoyed my first ration review! If not, just say so. I'm new to food reviews.

I meant to publish this one a few weeks ago but life tends to be distracting if the cat didn't show that already. It feels almost irrelevant to do a review considering many of you guys get your hands on some of the most rare, oldest, obscure and unknown rations from all over the globe. It's nice to be part of an international community that looks away from politics and unsavory attitudes that would tear communities and populations apart. I tip my hat's off to all of you and I wish my fellow Americans a safe and happy Independence Day.

Name_not_found

Post by Name_not_found » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:13 am

Very nice review!

normal rations are rations too!

i just ate a simple chk breast meal will have pics up soon, its not about what ration you review but that you review it in the first place.
Ration Reviews: USA, Australia, Canada, Japan, Italy, Germany, France, China, Spain, Russia, Lithuania
Wish List: Rations from anywhere I haven't reviewed yet!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnlQPi ... kQXu87uUCA

[ex-Member1]

Post by [ex-Member1] » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:15 am

Thanks for the review and pictures

CRO CSO

Post by CRO CSO » Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:43 am

very interesting..thx for share!!! ;)

laughing_man

Post by laughing_man » Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:28 pm

I love a bonus picture. :D :D :D

elandil

Post by elandil » Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:58 pm

Good job on the review. Good to see what was in the other side of the FEMA rations. You lucked out with what you got. :)

Keep up the good work.

FREMONT

Post by FREMONT » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:02 pm

elandil wrote:Good job on the review. Good to see what was in the other side of the FEMA rations. You lucked out with what you got. :)

Keep up the good work.
About $36 a case and free domestic shipping on eBay (Varies from vendor though)! There are also low sodium crates for those who need to restrict their salt intake for their diets.

RockyRaab

Post by RockyRaab » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:05 pm

No apologies needed. If meals could only be reviewed once, there be a real shortage of them to watch or read. The reason we all do them is because we are all different. "Joe" hates the one he had, but "Moe" has the same meal and loved it. And rations DO change. Today's beef stew may not be like one from 10 years ago.

Oh, and DO keep up with the bonus pictures. Especially outdoor ones.
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.