Premieres March 24. Preview available here:
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/bushswar/
The Long Gray Line
U.S. Army Veteran
Duty * Honor * Country
American Legion Legionnaire

bishopmarine

Post by bishopmarine » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:27 pm

i dont understand how it could be called bush's war. when so many of our congressman men and women supported it. i think we have to stay there to prevent the islamic extremists from raping our women the way they do their own. personally i dont care what they do just dont do that shit in my turf. if you want to we will have a problem. i know that the extremist muslims want me dead. well i want them dead as well. so the feeling is mutual. the problem is they are willing to strap bombs to women and send them in to die. and the people i know are not that dedicated. me personally i have no problem with losing my life for my country as long as it for something. our constitution was very well written. the problem is it is not being followed now. we need to get back to the basics and just kill those that try to kill us. if you think muslims are peaceful at whole you need to take a look back at history. we were attacked by the japanese and we did what we needed to do. jeremiah wright thinks otherwise if we elect barack obama as our commander in chief we may as well just commit suicide as that is what our nation would be doing. unless we still have enough white men with balls to take our nation back.
"Do not attack the First Marine Division. Leave the yellowlegs alone. Strike the American Army."
Orders given to Communist troops in the Korean War;
shortly afterward, the Marines were ordered
to not wear their khaki leggings.

BigMark

Post by BigMark » Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:36 am

Hmm.. that seems awfully ignorant to me. This is Bush's war. He's like Britney Spears with better handlers. He got exactly what he wanted. He finished daddy's job. He hooked up Cheney's people with just unimaginable amounts of OUR money. We can never pay back our national debt now; it's not even conceivable. We're fucked because he never cared about our country, and he shouldn't have had a farts chance in hell of ever being more than the Governor of Texas, the guy is a complete moron. I love reading about his edumacation as if that makes you smart. I know plenty of stupid people with degrees; his family made sure he'd get those all important pieces of paper and people believe he earned them himself. Right. Your attitude is prevalent of the problems with the USA. I'm not saying I'm not proud of being white, but it would be like saying that all whites think like you do because that's the generalization they want to make. Muslims are fucked up in their beliefs, but ours weren't/aren't much better, and we've made great strides in just 200 years. We shouldn't be in Iraq. We can't fix Iraq. The people there hate each other, it's primitive, but it's how life is there and we're not going to change it. You don't see us over in Africa trying to make the different tribes get along do you? I'm sure you might have heard of Darfur? They don't have oil. Ron Paul is right on one thing, we're too focused on what everyone else is doing. He's too much of an isolationist, but we're not the worlds police.
Lets fix what's wrong here before we send our people to die in other countries so the rich can get richer, not because we really care about doing anything for the people of the country. Getting rid of Saddam wasn't a bad thing, but on the other hand, he worked. The country wasn't any worse with him, it was just differently bad. We have hungry people in the USA, but we're making sure to pay farmers not to produce, or to produce corn for fuel that isn't worth shit and isn't an answer to our problems. We have as much oil as the Saudi's, but we won't tap into it. Is it because it's not time to open the reserves? Nope, it's because those reserves are for the military. They don't give a fuck how much you pay for gas, but you're playing right into what they want by completely ignoring that and thinking that the war is something we should be involved in. Where is the fucking oil going that our prices keep going up? Why are oil companies making record profits, shouldn't they stay somewhat relative unless we're being overcharged for gas? But we're in Iraq to fix it, bring it into the 21st century.. only they actually have less utilities over there now, it was actually better under Saddam in that aspect. We're arming the fucking terrorists who were shooting as us before and paying them to guard small areas, only our pay sucks and as soon as we stop we've just armed a bunch of people who hate us.

What does us winning or losing the war have to do with being white? Seriously? Worry about the Mexicans, the Blacks aren't doing anything with whats available to them, and it'll be/it is their downfall. The Mexicans will be the rulers of this country in the next 1000 years, worry about that more if you insist on being racist, or go have more than 1 kid and try to do something about it. We're not going to be around to see it anyway, it'll take a long time, but we're clearly not closing our southern border anytime soon unfortunately; for whatever reason the elite whites have decided to give the country to Mexico. I'll never really understand it, it seems ignorant to me, but they must not care about that many generations into the future. It's not like GWB the 9th will have a chance unless his name is George Herbert Walker Gonzales. Everyone laughs at Canada for having a French speaking province, it seems stupid, and yet already in Texas if you don't speak Spanish, you're at a disadvantage, there's not a job ad that doesn't mention that bi-lingual (meaning speaking spanish, even though that's never what it says which is fucked up too) is a plus. C'est la vie, our civilization was pretty cool, but we've peaked. We've got nowhere to go but down from here unless we get some amazing leader in the next 100 years, but I wouldn't count on that, they're clearly not trying to give us winners.

Who is better for the country? McCain? The guy would have been great 20 years ago, he's long since sold out. Hillary? Yeah right. She has a lot to prove, but she'd ruin everything because of it. She couldn't be wrong or be seen as wrong and that would lead to some fucked up decisions and consequences. Obama? Probably not, but he seems the least evil out of the choices we have, but after seeing what his preacher has to say, I don't know what I think about him. It's sad though when the republicans have to come out and vote for Hillary because they know McCain can't beat Obama. Nothing better than our political system at work. Bush beats them all hands down though as being the most fucked up president we've ever had. Way to ruin the country. How in the fuck did he ever get a second term? That's how stupid people are here. We're just like Iraq. Somehow religion is a weapon used by the government to get you to follow like sheep. They don't care about religion, but if it helps you to think they do, they'll pretend for you... and it works! People actually vote for them based on their religious preferences. You really believe that Hillary sits down at night and prays to God for guidance? Bush is at the root of all of our problems, I'm not saying that Gore would have been some godsend, but jesus we wouldn't be wasting money in Bush's war. err, Iraq.

I guess I didn't have too much to say about that or things related to it. I like rebuttals, so please let me have it, just don't go TOO personal or I won't bother with you.
Last edited by BigMark on Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jfko6
eBay name: jfk9

Bush's War

Post by jfko6 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:42 pm

If you boys fell so strongly about your positions than I would recommend you see this documentary and see if your opins remain the same.
The Long Gray Line
U.S. Army Veteran
Duty * Honor * Country

kman
Site Admin

Post by kman » Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:40 pm

Just keep in mind...it's a PBS documentary. Nothing...and I mean *NOTHING* in the media is "fair and balanced" anymore. Every news organization has an agenda and assigns their own slant to the news. That's just the way news reporting has evolved in this country.

So sure, watch the PBS documentary, but don't assume it's telling the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. It's only telling the truth they want to tell, as they see it.

You need to educate yourself about all sides of an issue from different sources. Just like you shouldn't rely on speeches from President Bush to dictate what you think about an issue, so you shouldn't rely on a PBS documentary.

BigMark

Post by BigMark » Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:58 pm

+1 kman, I always try to see both sides of an issue when I can. I'm not going to start into global warming here, but it's certainly one of those issues where both sides are right depending on how you look at it and interpret the data. Another one is Wal-Mart. A lot of people hate it, a lot of people are able to make ends meet because of it. Here in Austin they're up in arms about one thats going in in a sort of okay part of town. They ended up making Wal-Mart make it smaller and not 24-7, which sucks ass IMO. Penn and Teller did a pretty good Bullshit! on Wal-Mart. They didn't address the fact that WM won't make you a FT employee and give you bennies though, that disappointed me. Hmm.. that sort of went off on a tangent, but I'm sure Dave has an opinion on WM. :lol:

jfko6

PBS

Post by jfko6 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:28 pm

Reminder:
FRONTLINE presents
BUSH'S WAR
March 24 & 25, 2008, at 9 P.M. ET on PBS

on air or on the web
The Long Gray Line
U.S. Army Veteran
Duty * Honor * Country

jfko6

Part 1

Post by jfko6 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:16 am

Having watched Part 1 I can now recommend viewing this documentary.
It certainly gives all angles and does not lay blame on the President.

It may however already be out-of-date since more evidence in recent weeks has given credence to Saddam's support for global terrorism, and other programs of arm's proliferation, including WMD's for which Saddam has previously used as outlined in the documentary.
The Long Gray Line
U.S. Army Veteran
Duty * Honor * Country

jfko6

Maliki's Moment of Truth in Basra

Post by jfko6 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:02 pm

The Long Gray Line
U.S. Army Veteran
Duty * Honor * Country

jfko6

Insurgency

Post by jfko6 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:05 pm

As I viewed Part 2 online it appeared there was a problem with continuity as the video overlapped with many minutes of already viewed material and the time line was skewed as the story went back to Afghanistan. The first 15 minutes was flawed.

The second half outlines the growing insurgency, elections, continuity and change of leadership.

You'll do yourself a disservice if you miss this program.
The Long Gray Line
U.S. Army Veteran
Duty * Honor * Country