Facebook Stocks Plunge After Restricting Conservative Pro American Free Speech
The Long Gray Line
U.S. Army Veteran
Duty * Honor * Country
American Legion Legionnaire

SentientTootsieRoll

Re: Facebook * NFL * Trump * Free Speech * White House

Post by SentientTootsieRoll » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:27 pm

This will probably be the only political post I make here on this forum, but it's important to recognize that Facebook does not just censor conservatism, but other things as well. For example, in 2013 they censored the ACLU for posting a picture of a statue. More recently, they censored the Declaration of Independence, calling it hate speech.

There are countless other examples of Facebook censorship and I know the topic of freedom of speech has been making headlines lately. From my research two valid arguments have been presented:

a). Facebook (and other major social media platforms) is a private company, thus they should not be required to uphold the constitutional law regarding freedom of speech. Obviously, this is the laissez-faire approach.

b). While Facebook is a private company, it has become a modern and primary source of speech and because it of its popularity, the constitutional law regarding freedom of speech should be enforced on it and any other major social media platforms. This would probably require government intervention.

I have agreements and disagreements with both sides of the argument, but this is why it's dangerous to let Silicon Valley oligarchs determine what constitutes free speech and what doesn't, and the popularity of these social media platforms has, in way put freedom of speech as we know it in danger since they have become the arbiters of it.

I just think it's very important to know that companies like Facebook, YouTube, etc. aren't going after just conservatives or just liberals, they are going after anyone who brings up political viewpoints they don't like.

I guess the best way to fight back is to simply not use these platforms. Personally, I've never had a Facebook account and don't ever plan to. To keep in touch with friends and family, phone and email work just fine for me.

jfko6
eBay name: jfk9

Post by jfko6 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:41 pm

As you can tell the don't care about privacy of the American People.

And when I first signed onto Facebook, not long after, I got censored and canned. They wanted me to send them my drivers license. Needless to say, I did not send it to them and became uninterested.
The Long Gray Line
U.S. Army Veteran
Duty * Honor * Country

housil

Post by housil » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:22 am

In Germany, they have an own "department" run by a former Merkel Stasi fried Anette Kahane, Stasi Agent name "Victoria" , to "monitor" FB postings and delete them if they don´t match the "political correctness".
Unbenannt1.jpg

Mpitt

Post by Mpitt » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:35 am

jfko6 wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:41 pm
As you can tell the don't care about privacy of the American People.

And when I first signed onto Facebook, not long after, I got censored and canned. They wanted me to send them my drivers license. Needless to say, I did not send it to them and became uninterested.
They wanted your drivers license? :shock:

Good choice in just walking away. When it comes to BookingFace I agree with SentientTootsieRoll. I don't like their practices so I stay away. How many times can they get away with selling and releasing users click streams and privacy settings and when it comes to light, they just say how sorry they are and that it will never happen again (at least, until the next time it happens again).

No Zuckerberg. NO!!!

Mpitt

Post by Mpitt » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:36 am

housil wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:22 am
In Germany, they have an own "department" run by a former Merkel Stasi fried Anette Kahane, Stasi Agent name "Victoria" , to "monitor" FB postings and delete them if they don´t match the "political correctness".
Unbenannt1.jpg
Very interesting. I am thinking this might be common in many regions but is not publicly known.

jfko6

Post by jfko6 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:53 am

That can't be true, right. Wanting your drivers license. Was not the first one FB made such a demand and they appeared to have some pseudo-policy concerning it. ONE THOUSAND POUND Gorillas. They believe they can do whatever they want. That's akin to illegal search.
The Long Gray Line
U.S. Army Veteran
Duty * Honor * Country

jfko6

Post by jfko6 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:52 pm

Alex Jones has been debarred from posting content to YouTube, Apple, and Facebook.

That's a major major strike against free speech. With 2.4 million subscribers and thousands of hours of content work a FREE SPEECH VIOLATION occurred in the country this day.

See the video above.
The Long Gray Line
U.S. Army Veteran
Duty * Honor * Country

jfko6

Post by jfko6 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:00 pm

Ale Jones is getting cremated. Twitter kicked him off their platform and Apple just removed his social media App. You can't annihilate people from their right to free speech. Though he says some outrageous things mass destruction of his work is highly questionable.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=us9d9_1536343970
The Long Gray Line
U.S. Army Veteran
Duty * Honor * Country

jfko6

Post by jfko6 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:55 pm

Alex Jones had just recently got his PayPal account taken away, also. Ouch!
The Long Gray Line
U.S. Army Veteran
Duty * Honor * Country