Just Knifes

For non-MRE, non-ration topics
Simon2002mre
eBay name: simocros17

Just Knifes

Post by Simon2002mre » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:59 am

Anybody into knifes? I have been interesting in them, and I have a couple of nice ones, but I have a goal of obtaining more! Anybody else interested in knifes? :D
Killed by rancid pound-cake. I know that will be on my tomb stone.

angelabee

Re: Just Knifes

Post by angelabee » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:16 pm

Yup. Massdrop is my drug of choice and I can't go on that site without spending at least 50.00 on a knife.

Simon2002mre

Post by Simon2002mre » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:18 am

angelabee wrote:Yup. Massdrop is my drug of choice and I can't go on that site without spending at least 50.00 on a knife.
I've been looking for a cheap automatic knife, I love them!

jfko6
eBay name: jfk9

Post by jfko6 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:40 pm

The first post ever in the Off-Topic forum pertained to knives. Here it is:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=176
The Long Gray Line
U.S. Army Veteran
Duty * Honor * Country
American Legion Legionnaire

limp_noodle

Post by limp_noodle » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:08 am

jfko6 wrote:The first post ever in the Off-Topic forum pertained to knives. Here it is:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=176

Wow,Talk about a throwback thread!

I like knives. My collection is mostly spyderco and Kershaw.I also have a couple of Beckers. I use my BK9 when I'm doing work outside around my house. My EDC is a spyderco stretch.

Simon2002mre

Post by Simon2002mre » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:06 pm

limp_noodle wrote:
jfko6 wrote:The first post ever in the Off-Topic forum pertained to knives. Here it is:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=176

Wow,Talk about a throwback thread!

I like knives. My collection is mostly spyderco and Kershaw.I also have a couple of Beckers. I use my BK9 when I'm doing work outside around my house. My EDC is a spyderco stretch.
I've always wanted to get a spyderco, from what I've heard, they are great knifes, although depending on the knife, some of them where made in china so you kinda gotta be careful with that, but I would love to get my hands on an OTF benchmade. :D

limp_noodle

Post by limp_noodle » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:39 pm

Simon2002mre wrote: I've always wanted to get a spyderco, from what I've heard, they are great knifes, although depending on the knife, some of them where made in china so you kinda gotta be careful with that, but I would love to get my hands on an OTF benchmade. :D
The Chinese ones are just fine. I have a few of the (ambitious, persistence, tenacious, resilience) and the quality is great. The tenacious is the best bang for the buck into spyderco. Its the perfect size and the steel holds its edge and sharpens easily. If you want a really good us made knife get the paramilitary 2 or 3.

I can't legally own an OTF knife here in NJ but I've always wanted to add one to the collection. Benchmarks are great knives too. My brother has a mini griptilian.

Simon2002mre

Post by Simon2002mre » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:48 pm

limp_noodle wrote:
Simon2002mre wrote: I've always wanted to get a spyderco, from what I've heard, they are great knifes, although depending on the knife, some of them where made in china so you kinda gotta be careful with that, but I would love to get my hands on an OTF benchmade. :D
The Chinese ones are just fine. I have a few of the (ambitious, persistence, tenacious, resilience) and the quality is great. The tenacious is the best bang for the buck into spyderco. Its the perfect size and the steel holds its edge and sharpens easily. If you want a really good us made knife get the paramilitary 2 or 3.

I can't legally own an OTF knife here in NJ but I've always wanted to add one to the collection. Benchmarks are great knives too. My brother has a mini griptilian.
I'll have to look into that one for sure, OTFs are also illegal here in oh so lovely CA, but yenno, doesn't stop me from dreaming!

Nighthawk1097
eBay name: Nighthawk1097

Post by Nighthawk1097 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:50 pm

I like to have a nice knife in my pocket for whenever I need to open boxes at work, or any other simple task. I carry an Opinel No.7, and man is it a nice and simple knife. Gets the job done, and it's pretty cheap, which is a huge plus for me. :D
Keep calm and knead peanut butter
https://www.youtube.com/user/1997Nighthawk

Simon2002mre

Post by Simon2002mre » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:52 pm

Nighthawk1097 wrote:I like to have a nice knife in my pocket for whenever I need to open boxes at work, or any other simple task. I carry an Opinel No.7, and man is it a nice and simple knife. Gets the job done, and it's pretty cheap, which is a huge plus for me. :D
Aw man! I'll have to look into it for sure, I am looking for a good work knife.