Ebay changing search criteria and tags?

For non-MRE, non-ration topics
LaSwede
eBay name: LaGaurdian

Ebay changing search criteria and tags?

Post by LaSwede » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:45 am

I've been used to write "Combat Ration" in ebay search bar, and gotten alot of different results (Atleast 100+). Now I can only find 6 listings :| there are still listings on ebay that are found with other keywords, but I've been able to find them before with only typing "Combat ration".

Now the question: Does anyone know if ebay have changed their keyword, tags etc. search criteria? Or is it just my memory being far off? :mrgreen:
Have access to several different Swedish rations.

Looking for:
Italian, Canadian, Spanish, Japanese and any from south america.

housil

Re: Ebay changing search criteria and tags?

Post by housil » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:45 am

At ebay.de, the whole "rations/food" section got flooded (to me) with motorcycle part from spain... or bicycle parts... or... I don´t know what ebay is doing or want to force me to buy?
But if you google for "things" to buy, next time you are on ebay you find "coincidentally" these items right in the section your are browsing - if related or not...

LaSwede

Post by LaSwede » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:50 am

hmm I'm used to turn surf in incognito mode. Might explain why I barely had any results popping up :)

By what you describe, it feels like the eBay search bar/tool has become useless. It might harm sellers who sell rare items or products with a low demand, which results in a low view count and thus a position far down the list competing with all the other Google ad/adsense stuff.

Hopefully it's just a bug or a byproduct of a poorly tested eBay update. Thankfully we all got a stable MREinfo which can help to supply our ration neesds :evil: :D

Looking for:

housil

Post by housil » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:03 am

LaSwede wrote:hmm I'm used to turn surf in incognito mode. Might explain why I barely had any results popping up :)
I´ll give that a try!
"Funny", the motor bike parts show up every Tuesday, the bicycle parts every Wednesday... :twisted:

LaSwede

Post by LaSwede » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:13 am

haha seems like you have a shopping schedule housil? And eBay has figured that out? :lol:

Looking for: