YouTube

For non-MRE, non-ration topics
ASP

YouTube

Post by ASP » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:11 pm

For the sake of curiosity, for the YouTubers amongst us, do you monitored your vids, therefore showing ads somewhere? If you don't, do you generate income through MRE vids at all or is it truly a passion project? I ask here because I know you guys are super responsive.

I've been toying with the idea of throwing some material online, but don't have the luxury (aka $$) to get a camera, sound, PC setup to do it all up, at least not yet. I realize being at the point of monitizing is way off, but curious nonetheless. Thanks!
"That's what"
-she

BTemple
eBay name: btem9257

Re: YouTube

Post by BTemple » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:21 pm

I have not monetized my channel and I don't see it ever happening. I've got a small viewership so it wouldn't even be worth it. This is purely a passion thing for me. Buy my stuff with my own money and don't make one cent from YouTube.

I film all of my stuff with my phone and use no extra lighting or sound enhancements. Only money I spent was for a tripod.
In the immortal words of President Harrison Ford, Air Force One: Peace is not the absence of war... it is the presence of justice.

shawker71
eBay name: hawkermb

Re: YouTube

Post by shawker71 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:16 am

I am in the same boat with Btemple. I use my phone with a $10.00 gooseneck that clamps to the kitchen table. No lighting, PC, etc,etc. I don't have any of my videos monetized although I am set up if I want to. This is just a passion thing and no reason for me with maybe 100 or so views per video to make people sit through a commercial . If I got on a Steve1989 level who has 1000x the passion and.viwership to match it then heck yeah I would monetize.
The first to bring you the MRE pizza stone.