Finally picked up a new Carbine...

For non-MRE, non-ration topics
Ridge138

Finally picked up a new Carbine...

Post by Ridge138 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:35 pm

I haven't been a forum member very long and I do not know what other members think regarding firearms. I'm not posting this to cause flame wars or anything of the sort. I also Understand that this isn't a firearms forum and I'm not trying to turn it into one. All that being said.

I'm a semi-pro "Woods Bummer" and I really like the idea of having firearms around for self protection if the need should arise (which I hope never happens). Said firearms should fill my requirements of using a common ammunition that is easily available. I have been a long time proponent of having both a carbine and a handgun that use the same caliber ammunition (it's also a huge plus if both firearms use the same magazine). I have a CCW license in my state and have carried a small pocket pistol in .380 auto for the last few years. I'd been looking around for a carbine that uses the same ammo as my CCW and found that in the Hi-Point Model 3895TS. I owned Hi-point's original 995 Carbine in 9x19mm (9MM Luger) and enjoyed carrying it through the brush in my youth,I also knew very well that it was as accurate as it was ugly (There is a good reason it has been called the "Planet of the Apes gun"). The 3895 TS isn't a beauty contest winner either in the looks department but so far it has proven to be just as reliable and accurate as I could expect. I wouldn't say that it is "The best rifle ever" it does serve it's purpose very well. I'm looking forward to taking it along on excursions this summer. I have just the basic model because the iron sights are good enough in my view for the ranges it would most often be used at. While the caliber isn't particularly known for "Knock down power" it will no doubt be effective.
Attachments
WIN_20170601_15_55_10_Pro.jpg

sourwes
eBay name: sourwes

Re: Finally picked up a new Carbine...

Post by sourwes » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:45 pm

Congratulations on your new addition! I am a believer in multi use calibers myself. In my case it is a Henry Big Boy and a Desert Eagle, both in .357....The 357 is a lot heavier cartridge overall; but superior transfer of kinetic energy, penetration and accuracy. Both at close range and distance.
it is what it is....

alohakid
eBay name: admirals72

Post by alohakid » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:36 pm

Ridge138 - Welcome on board and congrats on you new 2nd Amendment piece!

mahalo

shawker71
eBay name: hawkermb

Post by shawker71 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:36 pm

I have a Hi Point in 9mm, the old style. Ugly, heavy but accurate and fun to shoot. Lifetime warranty is a plus as well.
The first to bring you the MRE pizza stone.

noderaser
eBay name: noderaser

Post by noderaser » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:31 am

One of these days, maybe I'll get around to my Russian review...
2017-03-31 19.14.36.jpg
I'm using my computer's spare resources to help find cures for diseases, analyze astronomical data, render 3D animations, simulate new materials and run climate models--what is your computer doing? http://boinc.berkeley.edu/ Or ask me for help!

Ridge138

Post by Ridge138 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:15 am

Thanks for the warm reception. Bad news is I had to Send the .380 carbine back to hi-point due to some issues I had with it. But I should be getting it back fully repaired. I also sent in my old beat to heck 995 Carbine to be completely refurbished and have parts that need to be replaced replaced.

I'm looking forward to having both back in working condition so I can hit the hills and do some quality woods bumming. :D

shawker71
eBay name: hawkermb

Post by shawker71 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:59 pm

If they stayed true to their old habits, you will get a free magazine back with them "for the inconenience" of being without your gun.
The first to bring you the MRE pizza stone.

ADKGuy85

Post by ADKGuy85 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:13 pm

Nice carbine! I wish I could get an AK up here in New York, our gun laws suck. Glad I don't live in the city.

Seth711
eBay name: Taurus.38

Post by Seth711 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:05 pm

Y'all have to tell me how to post pictures! I'd like to post some of my toys in here! My two favorites currently are my Armalite AR chambered is .223 Wylde, and my HK91 chambered in .308.

BTemple
eBay name: btem9257

Post by BTemple » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:18 am

Seth711 wrote:Y'all have to tell me how to post pictures! I'd like to post some of my toys in here! My two favorites currently are my Armalite AR chambered is .223 Wylde, and my HK91 chambered in .308.
Underneath the text box when you write a reply or a new post there's a tab that says attachments. Click that and then it will say add files. Then choose whatever you want from the prompt.
Watch out if you're posting more than one though in sucession. It actually goes from the bottom up.... so if you're showing things in a row start with the last picture first.
In the immortal words of President Harrison Ford, Air Force One: Peace is not the absence of war... it is the presence of justice.