World of Tanks / Warships ?

For non-MRE, non-ration topics
Synthpeter

World of Tanks / Warships ?

Post by Synthpeter » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:13 pm

Anybody play? Just curious.
Americans wouldn't be on the same server though, but anyway :)

housil

Re: World of Tanks / Warships ?

Post by housil » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:54 am

Just playing ArmA 3

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:41 pm

Yep I play both..I think World of Tanks is better

Synthpeter

Post by Synthpeter » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:10 pm

Been playing World of Tanks since October 2011, over 23000 matches... A bit much yes.. :P Though there are those who have several times more games than that...
Got a bit of WoT overdose lately though so took a break and I'm mainly playing World of Warhips at the moment. Joined WoWS during closed beta April 2015 by buying that ship bundle that contains the Gremyaschy, Sims and Yubari and have played around 2500 matches since then, so a lot less than WoT :) Though the WoWS matches are much more slow paced and have a 20 minute time limit compared to the 15 in WoT.
Trying ranked battles and am at rank 10.

SentientTootsieRoll

Post by SentientTootsieRoll » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:52 pm

I played World of Tanks briefly some time back in 2011 or thereabouts. Since I'm more of an FPS person, it didn't really appeal to me and I wasn't ever very good at it. I really enjoyed a free game called War Thunder, which is mostly a WWII flight combat game, but they introduced a tank combat mode in it as well, which I found somewhat enjoyable. I wasn't nearly as good with the tanks as I was with the airplanes.

Synthpeter

Post by Synthpeter » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:45 am

SentientTootsieRoll wrote:I played World of Tanks briefly some time back in 2011 or thereabouts. Since I'm more of an FPS person, it didn't really appeal to me and I wasn't ever very good at it. I really enjoyed a free game called War Thunder, which is mostly a WWII flight combat game, but they introduced a tank combat mode in it as well, which I found somewhat enjoyable. I wasn't nearly as good with the tanks as I was with the airplanes.
I played War Thunder a bit as well and it was (and is) a far better game when it comes to the simulation and realism.
However, the Arcade mode, which most people plays, is plagued by spawn camping, both in Air and Ground games, which made me quit. Lamest shit ever and it's a shame they haven't been able to put an end to that.