Best Hot Sauce

For non-MRE, non-ration topics
BTemple
eBay name: btem9257

Re: Best Hot Sauce

Post by BTemple » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:28 am

Westview wrote:I never heard of Bulliards, maybe i'll try it. Can you buy it at Sobeys or Superstore?
No I've only ever found it in the newer US MRE's. I'm sure it's readily available in stores in the States though.
In the immortal words of President Harrison Ford, Air Force One: Peace is not the absence of war... it is the presence of justice.

Synthpeter

Post by Synthpeter » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:53 pm

Funny how you start noticing things once you get a new hobby.
I went to a supermarket today and I've started scanning the shelves for interesting or unusual stuff, and with this thread in mind I just noticed these on the way to the cash register:

Not really a hot sauce fan (yet?) . Never tried them.
It's probably not the Bulliard's tabasco sauce you find in the MREs, but at least if I can find that brand on the shelves in Sweden you can probably find it in the US :)

gundog4314
eBay name: gundog4314

Post by gundog4314 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:00 pm

I like Chulola hot sauce and it has several blends, and oddly enough I really like the thickness of the Taco Bell brand Fire Sauce, but Frank's is always good in a pinch same with some good red pepper flakes. Cheers

Westview
eBay name: robichj

Post by Westview » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:21 pm

Synthpeter wrote:Funny how you start noticing things once you get a new hobby.
I went to a supermarket today and I've started scanning the shelves for interesting or unusual stuff, and with this thread in mind I just noticed these on the way to the cash register:

Not really a hot sauce fan (yet?) . Never tried them.
It's probably not the Bulliard's tabasco sauce you find in the MREs, but at least if I can find that brand on the shelves in Sweden you can probably find it in the US :)
That's Sriracha hot sauce made by Bulliards. But the price label underneath says it's made by Huy Fong which is incorrect. Huy Fong Sriracha sauce has a picture of a rooster on the bottle, not a tiger ;)

thegreatsazrah

Post by thegreatsazrah » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:37 am

My favorite has got to be the habanero sauce from a company called yellowbird! Hot and citrusy! So good.

Otacon

Post by Otacon » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:10 pm

When it comes to hot sauce, my favorites depend on what I'm eating them with. I'm also a bit of a hot sauce fiend, so it's hard for me to pick just one. My top three are as follows;

1) Sriracha. I like it in particular with Asian-style dishes (especially anything incorporating strong teriyaki flavor, I've noticed), though I'm prone to dumping it on anything.
2) Valentina, specifically the extra hot variety. Perfect for Mexican dishes - admittedly its a bit more vinegar-y than Sriracha, but I kind of enjoy that.
3) Frank's Red Hot. I guess its technically more of a buffalo sauce, but it's still delicious. It's another one I'm prone to dumping on anything particularly bland.

Biobrew

Post by Biobrew » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:26 pm

I'm a Texas Pete's guy. Not the hottest I know, but I like it.

Steve_stone

Post by Steve_stone » Mon May 22, 2017 1:20 pm

Yes! Hot souse! anything with chili!!! Homemade is the best, I also like Tobasco :!:
don't trouble troubles, until troubles trouble you!