For non-MRE, non-ration topics
Seth711
eBay name: Taurus.38

Re: New guy here

Post by Seth711 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:17 am

FREMONT wrote:
Seth711 wrote:
FREMONT wrote:
Welcome! There are many collectors form the US and abroad willing to trade/sell rations from different origins. eBay tends to have crates of MREs for sale. The less common ones such as FSRs, MCWs, LRRPs, and Halal MREs tend to go for more heftier prices.

also, what types of emergency rations did UH-60 crewmen get issued?
I'm so sorry for the almost year long delay.. it's been a crazy year, currently starting a new job and have a baby coming in a few weeks! We weren't issued anything out of the ordinary. Just pick an MRE and go. That may be different on deployment, I never spent time overseas. I have a friend in Afghanistan right now, so I'll ask him and get back to you!
Congrats on the new job and incoming baby! It's okay for the delay, it seems that I, too have been busy with a new job and post-secondary education. I hope you're friend is safe in Afghanistan, it's a whole other world over there!

As for the rations for helicopter flight crews, I thought they were issued emergency rations similar to aircraft pilots and crews. But then again, a helicopter is a different beast. Good luck with life!
~Cheers!

I was just going to let you know, I heard back from my buddy. (They have wifi on their fob). Aircrew just uses plain ole MRE's!

elandil

Post by elandil » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:26 pm

Welcome to the group for a fellow Georgian. Unfortunately most of the gun shows around you have been ration-dry lately, so where you are the best bet is local surplus shops, or you can sneak down to TruPrep in Kennesaw for some of the MREStar items.

Seth711

Post by Seth711 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:59 pm

elandil wrote:Welcome to the group for a fellow Georgian. Unfortunately most of the gun shows around you have been ration-dry lately, so where you are the best bet is local surplus shops, or you can sneak down to TruPrep in Kennesaw for some of the MREStar items.
Thanks for all the info! How are the MREstar items, and how's their prices?

shawker71
eBay name: hawkermb

Post by shawker71 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:13 am

I like the MREStar mains. They are different from military and quite tasty.
The first to bring you the MRE pizza stone.

FREMONT

Post by FREMONT » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:52 pm

Seth711 wrote:
FREMONT wrote:
Seth711 wrote:
I'm so sorry for the almost year long delay.. it's been a crazy year, currently starting a new job and have a baby coming in a few weeks! We weren't issued anything out of the ordinary. Just pick an MRE and go. That may be different on deployment, I never spent time overseas. I have a friend in Afghanistan right now, so I'll ask him and get back to you!
Congrats on the new job and incoming baby! It's okay for the delay, it seems that I, too have been busy with a new job and post-secondary education. I hope you're friend is safe in Afghanistan, it's a whole other world over there!

As for the rations for helicopter flight crews, I thought they were issued emergency rations similar to aircraft pilots and crews. But then again, a helicopter is a different beast. Good luck with life!
~Cheers!

I was just going to let you know, I heard back from my buddy. (They have wifi on their fob). Aircrew just uses plain ole MRE's!
Good to know! Thank you-and thanks your buddy too!
Good luck and may your rations stay unspoiled!

Seth711

Post by Seth711 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:04 pm

FREMONT wrote:
Seth711 wrote:
FREMONT wrote:

~Cheers!

Good to know! Thank you-and thanks your buddy too!
No problem! I'm no where near as knowledgeable on international rations around here, but I can contribute a little from insider info for US rations. Just trying to fit in! Haha