The Election

For non-MRE, non-ration topics
jfko6
eBay name: jfk9

The Election

Post by jfko6 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:09 pm

We just had the most dramatic election in US history. No one should be afraid to talk about this election. It was momentous. And am surprised its not being talked about here.
And...

The Long Gray Line
U.S. Army Veteran
Duty * Honor * Country
American Legion Legionnaire

FREMONT

Re: The Election

Post by FREMONT » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:21 pm

Seriously! Such a controversial election to it's very roots! The two main candidates are the most hated people in the country! It surprised everyone! Newsweek and evena paper in Germany had Clinton winning! Image
Much like Dewey vs Truman nearly 70 years ago
Image. This election is one for the history books! Trump had won the electoral votes and Clinton somehow managed to get the popular votes (less than a 200,000 vote difference!, despite the negative attitudes to bother Trump and Clinton, the Libertarian party was only able to get about 3% nationally, Green Party 1% and other 3rd party/ independent candidates at 0.7%. The republican party did not only snag the White House, but the managed to grab hold the majority of the Senate and the House of representatives. With an empty seat in the supreme court and with the possibility for a couple of other supreme court justices retiring, this may allow for Trump in the party to put conservative leaning members in the Supreme court- which may have lasting effects beyond our lifetimes is this goes through. 2016 is a crazy year.

It's crazy but simple how Hillary lost: her campaign was filled with controversy many celebrities and the large portions of the media held her on a pedestal, may Bernie Sanders supporters voted other candidates due to feeling cheated out of the primaries. It's no surprise that many portions of the media are left leaning, many feel angry that news stations, papers, and websites (even celebrities) openly say that Trump supporters are X, Y, Z etc. So much money was spent though PACs and Super PACs

Last night, an orange faced billionaire with a 28% chance of winning an election of a woman who had more years of experience in politics that he will ever have. there is more to say, but i'd rather not ramble on in this wall of text.

I'm not going to state who I voted for. I thought Hillary was going to win, I thought the Democratic part was going to control congress, and I thought the Cubs were going to win the world series. I thought wrong :shock:

Here's fivethirtyeight's election forecast

I try to stay apolitical in these situations but damn, that was an amazing victory.
Good luck and may your rations stay unspoiled!

kman
Site Admin

Post by kman » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:58 pm

Hey jfko6 - long time no see.

I'm just glad it's over with. Yay my candidate won. Boo my candidate lost. He sucks! No, she sucks! Whoever won, it's time to move on and figure out how to get along with each other.

At least, until the next election... :-)

FREMONT

Post by FREMONT » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:12 am

kman wrote:Hey jfko6 - long time no see.

I'm just glad it's over with. Yay my candidate won. Boo my candidate lost. He sucks! No, she sucks! Whoever won, it's time to move on and figure out how to get along with each other.

At least, until the next election... :-)
Midterm elections are going to be messy :twisted:

I too am glad it's over with, however i'm afraid the aftermath will still be consonantly aired in the media for a long time. I won't be surprised if every action within Trump's first 100 days will be under the eyes of the media. If you think election is bad, imagine how it will be all they way up to the midterms and the end of the four year term. I hope we as a nation can settle our differences.

As a wise man once said: United We stand, divided we fall

shawker71
eBay name: hawkermb

Post by shawker71 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:39 am

There are already ignorant young people that for some reason can't accept the results protesting our soon to be President. This is going to be an awesome 4 years.

Them: We'll cast our vote and be heard because our whimsical opinions mean something!!

Us: We vote because it is our civic duty.

Them: We lost??? Not fair, time to break stuff!!

Us: :shock:
The first to bring you the MRE pizza stone.

rabidwolf

Post by rabidwolf » Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:51 am

Meh..
Attachments
image.jpeg

FREMONT

Post by FREMONT » Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:21 am

rabidwolf wrote:Meh..
Now this is something I can get behind 8)

housil

Post by housil » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:14 am

FREMONT wrote:Seriously! Such a controversial election to it's very roots! The two main candidates are the most hated people in the country! It surprised everyone! Newsweek and evena paper in Germany had Clinton winning!

...because Merkel is scared Germans also will vote the same way so they have to make news before it really happend. Good ol´East German propaganda way... :wink:

Westview
eBay name: robichj

Post by Westview » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:32 am

Apparently after the election results confirmed that Trump has won, Canada's immigration website crashed due to traffic surge.
http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/canada-s-i ... -1.3152744

As a Canadian, I welcome with open arms all Americans who are planning to move here now that Trump is President, please bring your MRE's with you :)

shawker71
eBay name: hawkermb

Post by shawker71 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:37 am

Westview wrote:
As a Canadian, I welcome with open arms all Americans who are planning to move here now that Trump is President, please bring your MRE's with you :)
:D :D
The first to bring you the MRE pizza stone.