The Election

For non-MRE, non-ration topics
BlackDogBob

Re: The Election

Post by BlackDogBob » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:41 pm

Name_not_found wrote:Gotta find the poutine ration! and believe it or not i saw a Tim Horton coming soon here in USA
Westview wrote:
FREMONT wrote:
I've heard that Canadian immigration policy is tough for Americans to become citizens. Is it true? Such a crazy over-reaction for my fellow countrymen and women to joke/attempt to revoke their citizenship's just because the person they voted for didn't win the general election.

Something tells me PM Trudeau might want to build a wall now and make the USA pay for it :mrgreen:

And with this influx of American immigrants they'll hog all of the Tim Horton's, poutine and trade the remainder of your military's IMP's to Blackdogbob!
I'm not sure how tough the Canadian immigration policy is towards Americans, but I assume the policy is the same for everyone regardless of which country they're coming from. Here's a link to a Toronto newspaper article about this very topic... https://www.thestar.com/news/immigratio ... -told.html

You're all welcome to come, but you'll be required to say the word 'eh' every so often in a conversation, and follow our example of apologizing to everyone even if something is not your fault lol. Along with Tim Horton's and poutine, we also treasure our maple syrup! But who knows? Maybe a mix of Canadian and American culture can be a good thing, we invented hockey so our culture can't be that bad :wink:
NNF, PM me your mailing address. I have a couple left. I can spare one.
Have German,Russian,Canadian,Lithuanian,Dutch, Israeli,Spanish,HDRs,LRPs,French,US RCWs,FSRs,Italian,Croatian, Polish,Aussie, Czech, Malaysian, Swedish, Australian and Norwegian Arctics.

FREMONT

Post by FREMONT » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:54 pm

BlackDogBob wrote:
Name_not_found wrote:Gotta find the poutine ration! and believe it or not i saw a Tim Horton coming soon here in USA
Westview wrote: I'm not sure how tough the Canadian immigration policy is towards Americans, but I assume the policy is the same for everyone regardless of which country they're coming from. Here's a link to a Toronto newspaper article about this very topic... https://www.thestar.com/news/immigratio ... -told.html

You're all welcome to come, but you'll be required to say the word 'eh' every so often in a conversation, and follow our example of apologizing to everyone even if something is not your fault lol. Along with Tim Horton's and poutine, we also treasure our maple syrup! But who knows? Maybe a mix of Canadian and American culture can be a good thing, we invented hockey so our culture can't be that bad :wink:
Wait, the poutine ration is real?
Good luck and may your rations stay unspoiled!

BlackDogBob

Post by BlackDogBob » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:07 pm

FREMONT wrote:
BlackDogBob wrote:
Wait, the poutine ration is real?
Yep. Here's a pic. I currently have two. One for review and the other I am sending to NNF. I also sent one with Steve1989 after the meetup. He has a complete set to do a review series for.

I have some more in the pipeline. Hoping to have those around the first of the year. Will set one aside for you if you want.
Attachments
image.jpeg
Have German,Russian,Canadian,Lithuanian,Dutch, Israeli,Spanish,HDRs,LRPs,French,US RCWs,FSRs,Italian,Croatian, Polish,Aussie, Czech, Malaysian, Swedish, Australian and Norwegian Arctics.

jfko6
eBay name: jfk9

Post by jfko6 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:02 pm

The President as president.

Note: Video may have a marker in it. Back up the video to view complete.
The Long Gray Line
U.S. Army Veteran
Duty * Honor * Country
American Legion Legionnaire

jfko6

Post by jfko6 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:38 pm

The Hunt for Hil - SNL

The Long Gray Line
U.S. Army Veteran
Duty * Honor * Country

SentientTootsieRoll

Post by SentientTootsieRoll » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:50 pm

I'm going to keep my political views to myself, but I have to commend you all. As soon as I saw this post, I was expecting it to erupt in flames in due time. But it looks like everyone is remaining quite civil. We must truly have a pretty freakin' awesome community!

BTemple
eBay name: btem9257

Post by BTemple » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:25 pm

SentientTootsieRoll wrote:I'm going to keep my political views to myself, but I have to commend you all. As soon as I saw this post, I was expecting it to erupt in flames in due time. But it looks like everyone is remaining quite civil. We must truly have a pretty freakin' awesome community!

I'm trying to be my normal Canadian self and just be polite and try not to stir the pot. Hahaha
We do seem to have a great community, and with a community that spans as much of the globe as ours, it COULD be easy for things to get out of hand. It speaks volumes about us that it indeed doesn't.
In the immortal words of President Harrison Ford, Air Force One: Peace is not the absence of war... it is the presence of justice.

jfko6

Post by jfko6 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:30 pm

Grow a pair, and for once in your life, stand up for what you believe in!

Dr. Larry Lindsey

The Long Gray Line
U.S. Army Veteran
Duty * Honor * Country