Any of you take JROTC in Highschool or ROTC in college?

For non-MRE, non-ration topics
Makunouchi

Any of you take JROTC in Highschool or ROTC in college?

Post by Makunouchi » Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:24 pm

I'm just wondering how many of you guys have taken JROTC or ROTC during your school. I took JROTC for 2 years in High school and managed to hop to the rank of Cadet Corporal. If I stayed another year I would have made it to Cadet Staff Sergeant, but I dropped out to move on to a technical school to get my A+ and Cisco certification. So please do tell, if you were ever in these classes and share your experiences. :)

To me the funnest things were the punishments in that class. Like if we ever cussed in the trailer or stupidly in your uniform. They'd make you do duck walks around the trailer, or make you sit there and say over and over again to a tree "I am sorry to have polluted your hair with my foul words.." Or something along those lines. Usually it was just keep doing PT until I am tired of watching you. Class taught me a lot about how the real world would be. Anyways, I sure do hope to hear from you guys.

jfko6
eBay name: jfk9

Re: Any of you take JROTC in Highschool or ROTC in college?

Post by jfko6 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:02 pm

I just read your post. I participated in ROTC while in school, at the college level but, that was awhile ago and these programs have certainly changed since then from what I can tell as far as enrollment is concerned. And equipment and training has certainly seemed to evolve making the Army ROTC program much much better for the participant.
The Long Gray Line
U.S. Army Veteran
Duty * Honor * Country
American Legion Legionnaire

cavguy

Post by cavguy » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:01 pm

A slight glance at the title of your thread and I thought you put JRTC (Joint Readiness Training Center at Ft. Polk) as in where you train up before deployment! lol...

Smith1955

Post by Smith1955 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:08 am

I am currently in AFJROTC at my high school and I'm C/Staff Sgt. I plan on going into the military as a CID agent or EOD.

RockyRaab

Post by RockyRaab » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:05 am

Old Phardt report:

I attended St Louis University because they had an AFROTC program. I graduated in 1969 as a 2nd Lt and went immediately to flight school. Served a total of 23 years in the AF Reserves as a pilot, then a Public Affairs officer. Retired as a Lt Colonel.
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.