What is your EDC?

For non-MRE, non-ration topics
rabidwolf

What is your EDC?

Post by rabidwolf » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:46 pm

I thought I would start this thread. As there have been a few others started recently. That carry a common non-ration related theme. To allow members of the forum to get to know each other better.

As such, what is your Every Day Carry? It can be a bag, items you carry on your person. It does not have to be work related, or anything else specific. Just things that you carry everyday, for whatever reason.

Here is a picture of what I carry on my person most every day. I sometimes have to change it a bit. Formal dress occasion, maybe I am going somewhere I can not have all certain items on my person.

Pictured are the following:

Stream Light Polytech 270 Lumen Flashlight.
Leatherman Wave Multi Tool w/ pouch
Glove pouch with two pair OD Nitrile Gloves
Bic Lighter
64 GB Flash Drive
Small Allen Wrench
Rite-in-Rain Notepad with case and Rite-in-Rain Pen
Quick Clot Trauma Kit
Quik Clot Combat Gauze
4 inch Israeli Bandage (Compression Bandage)
CPR Mask
Tango Yankee Chips\
Keys on D-ring
4G/LTE Hotspot
Alien Wear in the waist holster
6 round and 7 round magazines loaded with Hyrdoshocks
Springfield Armory XDS .45 ACP

As stated above, something change depending on circumstances. This is my typical, on person, EDC.
Attachments
IMG_1498.JPG

Yowie

Re: What is your EDC?

Post by Yowie » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:59 pm

As much as I would love a nice pistol (and your Springfield is very nice), it is virtually impossible in Australia to own one unless you are a security guard (thinks armored car guard) or are in a pistol club. Even if you are in a pistol club if you are not at the range or travelling to the range, carrying the weapon is illegal . Getting caught with it would be very nasty. I think anything over .40 are banned too.
Rifle's and shotguns are a bit easier, but even then if you are not a primary producer (farmer) you cannot own a semi auto or pump action.
Back on topic I usually have a Leatherman wave on me (best tool ever) a lighter and a small med kit. My car looks like a prep for a the zombie apocalyse. I have an axe, an entrenching tool, A mini jumpstarter with integrated air compressor, A .50cal ammo tin with essential tools (this is great it fits perfectly in a milk crate), a couple of rations, a fire extinguisher, a first aid kit and a sleeping bag. Thats just of the top of my head. Oh there is a hot beverage bag in the centre console, kept there for very wet days. They are perfect for keeping your phone dry.
Admittedly a lot of this stuff is in there because is because I don't have room for it in my camper, but a lot has come in handy over the last few years. Last week the entrenching tool helped dig a forklift out the I had nearly got bogged, and I used the previous fire extinguisher to put out a neighbours BBQ whose LPG line had split and ignited. The jumpstarter numerous times, for my own stupidity and friends :(
I will sort All the stuff in the car out and poost a pic soon
Yowie

rabidwolf

Post by rabidwolf » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:11 pm

Yowie, that is very interesting. I hadn't thought about vehicular EDC. I think I will do the same as you. Inventory the useful items in my truck, and post a few pics.

Norton

Post by Norton » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:24 pm

Yowie

Great subject for this forum
I use these two knives on canoe trip, truck camping or sometimes hiking
Good Knives.jpg
One is a 5 inch French Opinel folder. This knife is light, easy to sharpen and the wood handle is large. The safety locking ring is a nice feature I use this to cut ropes, para-cord MRE bags and foil poaches. I even cut open aluminum cans for bailing cans.
good knives 3 IMG_20160707_214757.jpg

The Big heavy knife is a relic from 1980's Cold War days. Made In Sheffield England, British Army knife. I can cut small limbs, pry dig and do many camp chores. It is built like a Chieftain tank and nearly unbreakable
The blade and tang are one solid piece of 3/8th inch thick blued steel. Some type of ultra hard red English wood makes the grips and it is held on with three huge copper rivets. I have had this since 85'
Good Knives 4.jpg
Note how thick it is
Good Knives 2.jpg
Last edited by Norton on Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

housil

Post by housil » Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:35 am

Yowie wrote:As much as I would love a nice pistol (and your Springfield is very nice), it is virtually impossible in Australia to own one unless you are a security guard (thinks armored car guard) or are in a pistol club. Even if you are in a pistol club if you are not at the range or travelling to the range, carrying the weapon is illegal . Getting caught with it would be very nasty.

Same over here...
You can have a blank gun but need to have a weapons permit also to carry it. So I have two 9mm H&K P7 and a Beretta.
Our politicians now blame us for applying too many permits to carry blank guns as they pretend, we citizens do it only as we got 1.5Mio refugees in our country what make us all racists. Thats liberal ideologue :evil:

So what´s my EDC?
My keys, my wallet, my iPhone and a hat. That´s it.

Oh and even knifes are weapons that are prohibited (too many stabbings by guess who :wink: ) if you can open them with just one hand or have a longer blade than 4.7 inch.

dirtbag

Post by dirtbag » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:48 pm

Watch, Wallet, Wenger Swiss Army "Classic" folding knife, And when NOT in the Peoples Democratic Republic of Kalifornia, A Ruger LC9 9 MM Pistol and a spare Magazine.
Sometimes a .38 Special Snub nosed revolver in my front pocket in lieu of the Ruger.
Why?
Because I can, And I'm 20 miles away from Law Enforcement, and live in a druggie area... :wink:
Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO

CRO CSO

Post by CRO CSO » Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:25 am

Perfect!!!! i love to see ur gun!! ;)

originaly this gun come from my country!!!

is it standard model or compact!??

http://www.hs-produkt.hr/

rabidwolf

Post by rabidwolf » Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:18 pm

CRO CSO wrote:Perfect!!!! i love to see ur gun!! ;)

originaly this gun come from my country!!!

is it standard model or compact!??

http://www.hs-produkt.hr/
Yes, that firearm is marked Made in Croatia. Springfield collaborated with the manufacturer of your nations service pistol.
It is a compact, almost subcompact pistol.

Springfield was tryong to gain market share in the compact/concealed carry pistol market.
At that time, most pistols like that. Were mainly smaller calibers. There were no .45 acp compacts of this size.

I will look up the link to Springfield Armories story on this line of pistols, and post it later.

Surprisingly low recoil for such a small .45.

Edit: Here is a link to an article. That details some of the history and the involvement of Croatia. https://www.americanrifleman.org/articl ... s-xd-s-40/
Last edited by rabidwolf on Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[ex-Member1]

Post by [ex-Member1] » Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:02 pm

When I was in security we where issued HS pistols and in some rare case CZ75 and Taurus revolvers. HS company is 15min drive from my house, I got many friends working there. But police and army have big problems I guess uneducated personel because every now and then we have someone shooting by accident. If I remember our soldiers in Afghanistan only had injuries made by themselves by accidental fire. Also couple weeks ago our policeman who went to Pariz because of Euro 2016 accidently shot from HS in the airport.

I don't know how they manage to do that... But XD or HS is a kind of weapon I would give my girl, it's easy to use, simple, have many holsters and other equipment, I would say it's hard to fire by accident by I guess our police and army took that argument from me. But still if you are not a moron this is one of the safest gun. We have strict rules as in all Europe so I don't want to own private weapon also I'm not that kean for the knives. If I can depend on one I don't care what brand it is. I like clothes like shoot me first pants, backpacks and stuff like that, so I'm not that depressed I can't have a EDC gun with me.

I'm a big EDC fan , a manager from 5.11 from Greece said to me don't use word tactifreaks it's tactical enthusiast :lol: ...thanks for this topic, very cool and sorry I know EDC is one thing and urban tactical another but I can't help myself sometimes so forgive me for this spam.

rabidwolf

Post by rabidwolf » Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:18 pm

Yowie wrote:As much as I would love a nice pistol (and your Springfield is very nice), it is virtually impossible in Australia to own one unless you are a security guard (thinks armored car guard) or are in a pistol club. Even if you are in a pistol club if you are not at the range or travelling to the range, carrying the weapon is illegal . Getting caught with it would be very nasty. I think anything over .40 are banned too.
Rifle's and shotguns are a bit easier, but even then if you are not a primary producer (farmer) you cannot own a semi auto or pump action.
Yowie
I sympathize with you on this. From many sources that I have read. There are many in Australia, that believe the gun ban was a mistake. Now it is virtually impossible to go back.
That is one of many reasons why so many in the US. Defend the 2nd Amendment vigorously. So say that it should only apply to muskets and other such arms of the time when it was first written.
I say, if that is the case. Then the 1st Amendment should only cover quill pens and printing presses.