What is the story of your members name?

For non-MRE, non-ration topics
kwiklot

Re: What is the story of your members name?

Post by kwiklot » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:53 pm

gundog4314 wrote:My moniker isn't anything earth shattering. When I was in the army at Bragg it was the thing to call everyone "Dog or Dawg". Artillery guy's were Gun Dogs.

About 10 years ago maybe a bit longer, I had some old army buddies come into town in DC, with them and my current crop of friends the stories flew and beers were drained. My friend John kept calling me Gundog. Quite a memorable night. Next thing I know at work guys and gals are calling me gundog too and the nickname stuck. I ended up making it my Gmail account name so people would know it was me and not spam for passing around funny pics, jokes and the like.

Now the other half has nicknames too but they are kind of rude and can't be repeated here LOL!

Old Fayettenam eh what a horrible place, got my knees in the breeze yesterday. Assuming you get that if you are of that rasberry beret knuckledragging lot i dont think they have leg boom booms on bragg do they?

Norton

Post by Norton » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:41 am

legs.. Remember this is an international forum. Many will not know what a Leg is
You will have to Explain
elvis with E 8.png

BlackDogBob

Post by BlackDogBob » Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:31 pm

Norton wrote:legs.. Remember this is an international forum. Many will not know what a Leg is
You will have to Explain
elvis with E 8.png
Haha. A leg is someone in the army that hasn't earned their jump wings yet. They are almost as great of a fighting force as U.S. devil Dogs. Lol
Last edited by BlackDogBob on Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Have German,Russian,Canadian,Lithuanian,Dutch, Israeli,Spanish,HDRs,LRPs,French,US RCWs,FSRs,Italian,Croatian, Polish,Aussie, Czech, Malaysian, Swedish, Australian and Norwegian Arctics.

BlackDogBob

Post by BlackDogBob » Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:33 pm

gundog4314 wrote:Wow...cults who knew we had our very own Jim Jones....if Ruleryak hands you a cup of Kool-Aid at the Meet Up you best just pour it out when he turns his back to you LOL!!
Lol. That's great brother! Was thinking the same thing. Ruleryak can bring the food, but someone else has to bring the drink mixes. Lol
Have German,Russian,Canadian,Lithuanian,Dutch, Israeli,Spanish,HDRs,LRPs,French,US RCWs,FSRs,Italian,Croatian, Polish,Aussie, Czech, Malaysian, Swedish, Australian and Norwegian Arctics.

kwiklot

Post by kwiklot » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:05 am

i think thats bait norton

gundog4314
eBay name: gundog4314

Post by gundog4314 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:30 pm

I think, and don't quote me on this, that the truck mounted MLRS thing is the only thing that is not airmobile, their firing computers and launcher gears were too fragile for a heavy drop.
Last edited by gundog4314 on Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kwiklot

Post by kwiklot » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:18 am

so in a roundabout way you are telling me that? :)

Scotsman1984

Post by Scotsman1984 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:39 pm

Mines is a bit boring

I am a Scotsman and i was born in 1984.....

told ya

:lol:
Got me Brew and i will be just fine!

Youtube Scotsman 1984 https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC21nT2 ... 3t0ZfF00Iw
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/scotsman1984

BlackDogBob

Post by BlackDogBob » Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:31 am

BlackDogBob wrote:
Norton wrote:legs.. Remember this is an international forum. Many will not know what a Leg is
You will have to Explain
elvis with E 8.png
Haha. A leg is someone in the army that hasn't earned their jump wings yet. They think they are almost as great of a fighting force as U.S. devil Dogs. Lol

kwiklot

Post by kwiklot » Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:51 am

BlackDogBob wrote:
BlackDogBob wrote:
You will have to Explain
elvis with E 8.png
Haha. A leg is someone in the army that hasn't earned their jump wings yet. They think they are almost as great of a fighting force as U.S. devil Dogs. Lol
Ya know what I have heard Marines say hey those Airborne guys are pretty good.