What is the story of your members name?

For non-MRE, non-ration topics
Delicious
eBay name: piograbo.g96x9if

Re: What is the story of your members name?

Post by Delicious » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:19 pm

My nickname is also boring, but based on some random choice. Delicious is more or less the English translation of Polish "Najsmaczniejszy" (literally the tastiest) - this is the name of my blog (Najsmaczniejszy blog). I didn't want to kill the world outside Poland with such horrible to remember (and to pronounce) name.
The blog is about food (and now also 'bout rations). When I decided to move from wordpress.com to my own domain I looked for something food-related and the domain najsmaczniejszy.com.pl was free - so... I bought it.
Have access to: Polish, French, UK, US, sometimes other.
Interested in:New Zealand, Jordan, Israel, any South America
Ration reviews: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo9H0e ... u9BsrZzK5g

Biobrew

Post by Biobrew » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:22 pm

I'm a Biologist. And I brew my own beer. That about sums it up.

parafireboy
eBay name: parafireboy

Post by parafireboy » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:36 pm

Biobrew wrote:I'm a Biologist. And I brew my own beer. That about sums it up.
Nice! Where are you located?

Biobrew

Post by Biobrew » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:38 pm

parafireboy wrote:
Biobrew wrote:I'm a Biologist. And I brew my own beer. That about sums it up.
Nice! Where are you located?

New Jersey. Still have to update my profile.

sdrozza

Post by sdrozza » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:07 am

My name's a bit boring too. Believe it or not, the creative process behind my nickname came from a chair whilst pondering what I should call my Minecraft nickname. I always loved the city of San Diego, as we went there on holiday that summer, hence the SD. Also, since my name is Rory, my friends always called me Rozza and the nickname I guess stuck! So that's my story, which makes me seem a bit pathetic compared to the other great usernames on this site.
"I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine." - Ayn Rand

sparkingdogg
eBay name: sparkingdogg

Post by sparkingdogg » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:29 pm

My username dates back about 20 years, and it's the same here, ebay, email, YouTube, and motorcycle forums.

"sparking" as I was a commercial/industrial electrician/foreman/supervisor for many years.

"dogg" was late 90's slang for "buddy".

It's kind of unique, and I like it. Back in my wilder younger days I was also called "spark daddy" but sparkingdogg stuck better. Funny... I have heard people say "Oh, you're that sparkling dog guy" haha

The avatar is a prisoner behind UPC code... it's kind of how I feel we have become, as a people. Prisoners of technology.
I love the smell of 2 stroke oil and MRE coffee in the morning!

ironwarning

Post by ironwarning » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:27 pm

New here so thought I would explain mine.

I work in the world of Networking and its many different areas. One of my jobs its sorting the companies WEEE and performing PAT tests on company equipment

Iron = scrap metal
Warning = Notification to the company that a device is no longer safe and will be dismantled
Regards
IronWarning
Check Out my YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGwpuN ... tb9D9Vwqeg

poorman1

Post by poorman1 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:11 pm

I'm married raised two girls and put them thru Collage, like Guns and MREs . All on Public Servant wages. :lol:

WorkmanMRE

Post by WorkmanMRE » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:32 am

Hey gang! Cool thread!
"WorkmanMRE" is a product (proto-type) Idea I want to hold up, to me, and my energy needs in a 4000 cal hard labor day. Often I work in the forest or in remote locations bringing my own food for days. Bringing MREs would be ideal.
It will be a plant based protein (with no soy or inorganic ingredients) some day I will develope it with a "Kids mre". The crux is to provide for myself and my family in style! And not to suffer in a pinch, with crappy food.

This all got started when I updated my "emergency box" and tasted all this stuff near date. Most sucked pretty bad, or was inedable due to storage and quality. (My first try 5 years ago) Now the box is rebuilt with the help of forum members and everyones shared knowledge! It will last us 5 days stranded in the car if needed! Thanks for the help everyone!

Next is develpoing the WorkmanMRE, the first "ANIMAL FREE" MRE!

Love reading the storys, glad i found it!
Cheers,
WorkmanMRE

and
Animal Free MRE
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC39Adn ... subscriber
-----------------------------------------------------------