Real cooking

For non-MRE, non-ration topics
Ymer34
eBay name: ymerviking

Re: Real cooking

Post by Ymer34 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:32 pm

I love coocking and baking. Bake all my bread here in the household. We are 5 kids and two adults. But they love my bread and breadrolls. And when im baking cacke they sit and wait. And different foods. Here is some pics from what i baked/coocked the last weeks....The rolls and bread is whole grain, 94%. The pizza is the double whammy, its two pizzas in one, double the filling and off course double of cheese. And the cackes is strawberry fromage cacke with strawberry jello, then we have a chocolate shok, this is a layer cacke with rich and creamy chocolate. And we have a mulit layer milk chocolate cacke with fresh raspberry filling. And a form cacke we call MorMonsen. Its a sweet wheat bun with pearl sugar,rasins and nuts. enjoy the pics. Im not shure if they come in the right order.
Attachments
bake9.jpg
bake8.jpg
bake7.jpg
bake6.jpg
bake5.jpg
bake4.jpg
bake3.jpg
bake2.jpg
bake1.jpg
bake.jpg

Ymer34

Post by Ymer34 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:33 pm

more pics
Attachments
bake17.jpg
bake16.jpg
bake15.jpg
bake13.jpg
bake12.jpg
bake11.jpg
bake10.jpg
bake9.jpg

Delicious
eBay name: piograbo.g96x9if

Post by Delicious » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:41 pm

Ymer34 wrote:I love coocking and baking. Bake all my bread here in the household. We are 5 kids and two adults. But they love my bread and breadrolls. And when im baking cacke they sit and wait. And different foods. Here is some pics from what i baked/coocked the last weeks....The rolls and bread is whole grain, 94%. The pizza is the double whammy, its two pizzas in one, double the filling and off course double of cheese. And the cackes is strawberry fromage cacke with strawberry jello, then we have a chocolate shok, this is a layer cacke with rich and creamy chocolate. And we have a mulit layer milk chocolate cacke with fresh raspberry filling. And a form cacke we call MorMonsen. Its a sweet wheat bun with pearl sugar,rasins and nuts. enjoy the pics. Im not shure if they come in the right order.
Wow! buddy, this looks yummy ! I'm not a sweet lover, but from time to time :)... And the breads and rolls are excellent!
Have access to: Polish, French, UK, US, sometimes other.
Interested in:New Zealand, Jordan, Israel, any South America
Ration reviews: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo9H0e ... u9BsrZzK5g

Ymer34

Post by Ymer34 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:59 pm

Wow! buddy, this looks yummy ! I'm not a sweet lover, but from time to time :)... And the breads and rolls are excellent!
Well, i cant eat the sweet cackes. I have been on a diet since 1 of dec. Lost 31kg since then.

housil

Post by housil » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:10 pm

Ymer34 wrote: Lost 31kg since then.
Congrats! :shock:

Steve_stone

Post by Steve_stone » Wed May 17, 2017 8:39 am

wow guys, I didn't expect to see so many awesome looking (guess tasting too) dishes!! :!:
As for me, I once found a youtube page of a Turkish lady where she shows some increaible tasty things, one of my favourits is a simple chicken kebab. The secret is in the marinade: you prepare it the night before and leave in frige for the night. Low fat, extremelly healthy (except bread, but you can choose some healthier variants as well). O make it at least once in 1-2 weeks :D
don't trouble troubles, until troubles trouble you!

alohakid
eBay name: admirals72

Post by alohakid » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:28 pm

YUM, YUM, YUM... did I mention, YUM! You all put Julia Childs to shame. :mrgreen:

mahalo

Delicious
eBay name: piograbo.g96x9if

Post by Delicious » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:51 pm

Soviet WWII tushonka

I've just tried the recipe given on the The Joy of Field Rations blog and I am in heaven. Many times I've tried to make a tushonka, which will remain me what I ate from military cans in late 80's and I didn't succeed.
But this time it is very close to this. I made very little changes
It ridiculously simple recipe. Forget modern healthy food - this is something helping you to win the battle of Stalingrad!
You can make it with pork or beef (beef requires longer cooking). It is very easy if you have a slow-cooker

ingredients:
- 1kg (2 lbs) pork neck (Boston butt)
- 250g (1/2 lbs) pork lard
- 2 crushed bay leaves
- 4 peppercorns and 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 mid-sized onion (about 60 ml/2 oz of chopped onion)
- 1 tbsp water (not more)
- 1 1/2 tsp salt (I gave half of this normal salt, half curing salt (contains sodium nitrite/nitrate)
- 1/2 tsp sugar
P8280229.JPG
how to make it:
1. cut the meat into big cubes 1x2 inch (2x5 cm)
2. peel and chop the onion fine
3. cut the pork lard into 1/2x1/2 inch (1x1 cm) cubes
4. put everything into the slow cooker, mix
5. start the cooker on the lower position (mine have 2 positions), leave it for 8 hours
6. ready ! - you can put it into glasses and then in the fridge, you can pasteurize it

It is very good eaten cold, but the warm version is also good - what is not the case for all cans.
P8280233.JPG
P8290241.JPG
P8290242.JPG
Have access to: Polish, French, UK, US, sometimes other.
Interested in:New Zealand, Jordan, Israel, any South America
Ration reviews: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo9H0e ... u9BsrZzK5g