Surplus guns

For non-MRE, non-ration topics
deanopilot

Re: Surplus guns

Post by deanopilot » Mon Jul 03, 2006 5:32 pm

BigMark wrote:I shop southernohiogun.com and aimsurplus.com as well as auctionarms, gunbroker and gunsamerica, anyone else have any sites they check out? Finally buying a Yugo SKS this weekend, have plenty of other guns, just really been wanting one.
Hey BM, I've been thinkin' about picking up a case of Yugo SKS's from http://www.samcoglobal.com/rifles.html
They seem to have the nicest pictures. I could give them out as gifts. Imagine, a whole case of ten sequentially numbered new rifles for the same money I spent on one SA M1A Socom 16.

Demoncase

Post by Demoncase » Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:09 am

Some days I get outrageously jealous of you US chaps....this is one of those days :(
我在你的市场,窃取你的销售
Trans' from Chinese= "We are in your marketplace, stealing your sales"

BigMark

Post by BigMark » Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:10 am

One of my favorite things about SKS's is the fact that even the shooter grade guns are still in pretty good shape. And how do you beat paying $100 for one? It's rediculous. I'll say I'd be thrilled if someone in my family started handing out guns for xmas, especially cool guns.. not to knock anyone who has them, but those k-31s and the k98's really aren't that cool from a shooting standpoint, they're just bolt-action rifles, but historically they're pretty sweet.

deanopilot

Post by deanopilot » Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:04 pm

Demoncase wrote:Some days I get outrageously jealous of you US chaps....this is one of those days :(
I just can't believe the incredible loss of firearm / self-protection / privacy / speech rights in the UK. Whenever I talk with my friends there, I just get sick about their state of affairs.

Rey

Post by Rey » Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:58 am

I first started with the SKS and the AK-47 (sar) then after a while i moved onto the surplus bolt actions. I have now K98 mauser, Mosin-nagant, Lee enfield, Garand, 1903 and just recently a Arisaka. These rifles can still shoot well the only drawback is the recoil. I still like the semi-autos too. If you can find some 7.62x39 at a good price. :D
[/img]
It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.
----Theodore Roosevelt

pablo_fiasco

Post by pablo_fiasco » Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:16 pm

the arisaka, ive got a 99 model myself, you know a good place to pick up ammo for it?
"Genius has its limits, but insanity knows no bounds" - Anon

"Let the Amish code your video game too, then."
-Shane

BigMark

Post by BigMark » Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:39 pm

They have boxes of 7.62x39 at academy for $2.50 per 20. Not too bad.. not great, but not too bad.

Rey

Post by Rey » Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:27 am

Pablo- The only ones that I know of are www.grafs.com they have a deal with hornady and i think they are the only place that sells it. at $1 per round its reasonable. Only other that i've herd of is Norma however that will be way too much $$$ but its very good ammo or so i hear. I think reloading is the way to go if your going to shoot is alot. I think i'll order from Grafs a few boxes just to see how it shoots. Maybe you could find a friend that reloads and maybe you can work out a deal.

BigMark-my local Academy is out. I'm not that big of a shooter of that caliber, (i only have the 1 AK 47 and 1 SKS feed) i'm still working on the 1000 case of wolf i got three years ago. I'm kicking my self for not ordering the ammo that i told my self to get before the drought and the price increase. :evil:
It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.
----Theodore Roosevelt

dermeister025

Post by dermeister025 » Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:14 am

just be thankful you're not shooting 7.62x54R (old nagant carbine) commercial ammo only seems to be made by norma, and comes at a bargain price of $3 canadian per round. milsurp is cheaper when you can find it, but can't reload them :?

7.62 nato however... i only have a few thousand rounds left i'm afraid, garand loves eating that stuff and so does my mauser 98... both deadly accurate too i might add, i haven't shot a .308 i didn't like so far.
- Support Search & Rescue - Get Lost!! ;)

dirtbag

Post by dirtbag » Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:07 am

Ammo lasts a whole lot longer when you run it thru a bolt action !! But your sholder sure feels it more ! I've got a few cans of 7.62 M.G. ammo,barks at both ends :shock: