New filming gadegt

For non-MRE, non-ration topics
housil

New filming gadegt

Post by housil » Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:38 am

You guy´s know I do and like lot´s of filming and taking pictures.
So here is my newest gadget, my "stalker 2000" :mrgreen:

Come with me to a little fly over an former Army Airfield (Giebelstadt)

rattattoo

Re: New filming gadegt

Post by rattattoo » Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:32 am

Very cool, man!
Boy, you surely can identify mil-spec US architecture from an awful long way off, can't you?

I can't wait for you get your new toy off someplace where there is something really spectacular to see. You have to go fly it around a castle or cathedral or something.
What is its actual range? I noticed you seemed to be turning back after just a couple hundred yards?
Do you get to monitor the video live?

housil

Post by housil » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:10 am

rattattoo wrote:Very cool, man! You have to go fly it around a castle or cathedral or something.
As we are not allowed to fly at urban area´s, I have to go to rural places only. :cry:
What is its actual range? I noticed you seemed to be turning back after just a couple hundred yards?
Do you get to monitor the video live?
The range is up to 1000meters (3000ft). But we are only allowed to fly "visual", means as long as you can see it with your eyes. +300meters (900ft) all you can see in the sky is a small "dot", so you have to turn around.
Ja, I have "first person view" monitor at it. It´s connected via wifi to my iPhone. I also can control the camera via the iPhone app.

Next Sunday we`ll do another mechanized hike, including a river crossing via a ferry. I´ll record that with the copter and pray it doesn´t crash into the water... :shock:

Next thing I´ll add is a GPS-tracker if in case of a "fly away" (up to 9km = ~5 Miles),I´ll find it again. The GPS tracker send a text message to my iPhone with it´s coordinates that display at google maps. :D

Ruleryak
eBay name: ruleryak

Post by Ruleryak » Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:07 pm

really cool! The FAA and Congress over here just officially banned the use of FPV aircraft so technically all Goggles/Phone-linked/etc copters and drones are illegal to use. The only legal method now is what you were doing - watching the drone from the ground. It's got the hobbyist community in an uproar and here's hoping it gets overturned or repealed soon.

housil

Post by housil » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:27 pm

Ruleryak, I understand their concernings. Over here we had one case, where they flew over a prisons walls, have drugs underneath the copter to deliver them into the prison.

Or worse, some real bad guys add a bomb to it and fly into something...

dirtbag

Post by dirtbag » Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:02 pm

There was a recent case of a Drone "Peeping Tom", someone looking into a womans windows... :roll:
Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO

Norton

Post by Norton » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:12 pm

Very interesting film enjoyed seeing the old base

rationtin440

Post by rationtin440 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:20 pm

Awesome pics and video housil! One thing I'd love to be able to do is get an aerial view of the underground hangar/runway sites that NATO and Sweden used during the cold war. Probably not much to see from above since that was kind of the whole point of underground sites, but just to be able to see it from above and try to guess at it would be cool. Just my cold war history addiction showing thru, don't mind me! :roll: :wink:

Name_not_found

Post by Name_not_found » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:40 am

Cool, very cool

Do you use a gimbal on it? what one?

The FPV mess is not good here in USA i really hope they figure it fairly
Ration Reviews: USA, Australia, Canada, Japan, Italy, Germany, France, China, Spain, Russia, Lithuania
Wish List: Rations from anywhere I haven't reviewed yet!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnlQPi ... kQXu87uUCA

housil

Post by housil » Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:57 am

Name_not_found wrote: Do you use a gimbal on it? what one?
Not (yet). I´m pretty new in "stalking" :mrgreen:
I got a "starter set" with a just fix (Rollei) camera underneath ($499). That gopro-gibel one is $1.200 :shock:
Name_not_found wrote: The FPV mess is not good here in USA i really hope they figure it fairly
I read they banned all commercial FPV flights. Right?
Lucky us, as long as theses quadcopters (<10lbs) are officially a "RC toy", they are no limitations where to fly - except not next to airports (> 1.5km).

That FPV is pretty cool :mrgreen: I get mine from that camera via wifi straight to my iPhone attached to the RC controller.