Missed members

For non-MRE, non-ration topics
ak70g2

Re: Missed members

Post by ak70g2 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:37 pm

-34 C? In Romania was -36 C last night, in Miercurea Ciuc, where I got the war journalist training last year. A friend of mine, the Mountain Huntsman major who teached me survival, told me in the morning. :mrgreen:

PS. Brother Norge, the stuff you sent me few years ago did sensation on that course, I was the onlyone who did his "homework". :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Attachments
DSC_0187.JPG
1002701_269703076502283_442623026_n.jpg
This is the Major, showing us a water filter.
DSCF2744.JPG
'cuz hunting ain't catch and release...

housil

Post by housil » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:36 am

We wish we could have "a slice"... Didn´t see any yet, just 5-10°C and rain :cry:
But that it if you live in the vineyards.

Norway & Romania, could you please post pic´s of some nice winter scenery?
No need for any winter clothing yet and I got a Canadian "ice suit" I´d like to try also a OD/tan "prima loft" suit.

ak70g2

Post by ak70g2 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:38 am

housil wrote:Norway & Romania, could you please post pic´s of some nice winter scenery?
No need for any winter clothing yet and I got a Canadian "ice suit" I´d like to try also a OD/tan "prima loft" suit.
Oli, just a few snapshots, taken from the window. Today is warming, now is -4 c in the center of Craiova city, in SW of Romania, where I reside.

As you see, some cars was left in the snow, no one dared to showel the mounds away. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Attachments
SL271428.JPG
SL271427.JPG
SL271426.JPG
SL271425.JPG

ak70g2

Post by ak70g2 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:48 am

Regarding winter snow, a friend of mine from Russia sent me a Sklon winter suit in Flora camouflage. These are some pictures taken first time when I wear it, before New Years Eve in Retezat Mountains, Central Carpathians:
Attachments
DSCF4631.JPG
DSCF4647.JPG
DSCF4632.JPG
DSCF4664.JPG
DSCF4652.JPG
DSCF4618.JPG
DSCF4588.JPG

housil

Post by housil » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:22 am

How does it feel, -34°C?!

ak70g2

Post by ak70g2 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:29 am

If wind is still, it's ok. When it's blowing, peel your face skin away. :mrgreen:

rationtin440

Post by rationtin440 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:50 am

Cool pics, ak70g2 and your dog looks absolutely adorable! It's interesting what you mentioned about people leaving their cars and not shovelling them out, because here in Massachusetts----and probably most other parts of the U.S. that get snow----not only do people force their way onto the roads before they are plowed well, but they also don't clean the snow off their cars very well. This results in occasional collisions because people will drive too close to the car in front of them, a nice big chunk of snow falls off the roof of the car in front, and right onto the windshield of the car behind, and bingo----distracted driver, collision. It has got to the point here in Massachusetts where the state police will pull over a motorist and charge him/her with a hefty fine if the car has alot of snow on it's roof or front/rear areas. All is a case of people not giving themselves enough time to clean off their cars before driving to work. I'm curious if you notice these issues where you are, or do people there seem to have more common sense?

housil

Post by housil » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:58 pm

rationtin440 wrote: the state police will pull over a motorist and charge him/her with a hefty fine if the car has alot of snow on it's roof or front/rear areas.
Same over here in Germany, especially when water froze on top of truck trailers. This ice "sheets" will suddenly "launch" and crash into the wind shield of the car behind. :evil:

Ruleryak
eBay name: ruleryak

Post by Ruleryak » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:19 pm

Man I thought I had it rough, but ak and norge are dealing with even colder temps than we've been having in Montana! It was -25F (-31C) when I got up this morning. My truck would not start for the first time ever so I layered up and hiked in to work. I'd just had a shower and even under a hat my hair was frozen solid by the time I got in to the office :mrgreen:

Cool pics ak - beautiful country!

rationtin440

Post by rationtin440 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:57 pm

Well Ruleryak, I guess I can say that we really have nothing to complain about here in new england, with the weather that we see you guys getting where you are and what ak and norge are dealing with. It was too funny though, I was standing behind a couple of people in the check-out line of our Big Y supermarket and listening to them discuss how it must be HAARP that is responsible for the crazy weather we've gotten lately (their words) to which I wanted to politely say, "um----hello this is new england, when has our weather ever made sense at this time of year!?" :roll: