Sleep Number Bed

For non-MRE, non-ration topics
DIRTYDAVE

Sleep Number Bed

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:24 pm

Well, my mattress died and it was time to get a new one, so that still hot looking Lindsay Wagner aka The Bionic Woman, talked me into buying one of those damn sleep number beds. I bought the cheapest one they had and including tax, tag and title it ran me close to $1500! Anyone else here have a sleep number bed? My number is a 35 by the way. I have been sleeping on crappy matresses for most of my life and I figured since I spend a lot of my time sleeping and also having to endure neck and back pain that I would treat myself to a nice, supposedly doctor proven bed. It says in the manual that it may take up to about 90 days for you to feel the full effects of sleeping on the bed. I guess it has been working okay because I don't want to get out of the bed in the morning, but wait a minute that is how I felt before...well, if anyone out there has one, I would welcome your experience with the bed.

Time to go jump into my select comfort bed and dream about Lindsay Wagner! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
"THEY CALL ME DIRTY...DIRTYDAVE"

kman
Site Admin

Post by kman » Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:50 am

Funny you should mention those beds...

A few months ago, I was down in Boca Raton, Florida, and was surprised to see that the hotel had sleep number beds. That was the first time I had ever tried one. I tried a few different settings and I think I preferred something like 35 or 40. The fun thing was that I had a king bed but each side had it's own number setting - so I could set one side to one number and the other side to another number and just roll back and forth all night trying to figure out which one I liked best.

fdsman

Post by fdsman » Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:09 pm

kman wrote:Funny you should mention those beds...

A few months ago, I was down in Boca Raton, Florida, and was surprised to see that the hotel had sleep number beds. That was the first time I had ever tried one. I tried a few different settings and I think I preferred something like 35 or 40. The fun thing was that I had a king bed but each side had it's own number setting - so I could set one side to one number and the other side to another number and just roll back and forth all night trying to figure out which one I liked best.
Now, that's what I call a hotel.

dermeister025

Post by dermeister025 » Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:48 am

No kiddin! i need to find a hotel like that... which isn't all the way down in florida - it'd be too warm down there for me!
- Support Search & Rescue - Get Lost!! ;)

deanopilot

Post by deanopilot » Tue May 16, 2006 5:10 pm

I got one of those beds awhile back for $2,500! A friend talked the thing up and down until I relented. Can't say that it was the best investment I ever made though. At least you don't have to flip it regularly and it doesn't create one of those donut holes after a few years. But, it's just OK.

My bro got one of those space-age wonders made of Tempurpedic foam. After 3 sleepless months he threw it in the guest room. Now, when I go to visit him at his house, the wife an I are cooked alive by the heat retention. But that's not a bad thing given the need for heat therapy on the sore muscles and joints after a night or two on "the rack".

FWIW, I'd just suggest finding a decent conventional mattress for 4-5 hundred bucks. At least you know what your getting. Then again, I LOVED my waterbed in college. An ocean of love motion for the college bound horndogs. But now, if you're an old geezer like me, no mattress can save you from a six year old's flying knee dive to the groin at 06:30AM wake up call.

Oh, and I'm a "35" like everyone else. Just about the same setting as every coil spring mattress out there, HA! :shock:

fdsman

Post by fdsman » Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:13 am

The only hotel I know of that has sleep number beds is the Radisson.

DIRTYDAVE

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:43 am

I still hate my bed and cannot wait until tax return time so I can buy a nice normal matress again!

DIRTYDAVE

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:21 am

Well, I came up with a great plan to solve this dilemma. I went to Sears about a month or so ago and applied for their credit card. I did not really think I would get approved because they denied me a card earlier in the year when I wanted to buy my big screen tv. I even warned the guy who took my info not to get too excited as it may not go through. Well, what do you know, he comes back and says I have a credit limit of $2,500. I was like HOLY CRAP, let's go shopping for a bed. So, they had a half off sale on beds, I got a Sealy $1899 queen size bed, I love QUEEN don't forget, for $999, with another 10% off, tax, tag and title brought it to $958 out the door.

And guess where my sleep number is now? Well, how many know an eight year old who has her own queen sized sleep number bed? Well, if you answered NONE, well, now you can say you do. My little princess just loves the bed and playing with the remote control. Now, I can easily say the money I spent on it is worth it... :wink: