Alive and Kicking

For non-MRE, non-ration topics
DIRTYDAVE

Alive and Kicking

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:28 am

I am sure a few of you "oldies but goodies" have been wondering where I am or where I have been.

Well, I am still here, alive and well.

You know that old saying, I have driven my car for 10yrs and never been in an accident? Well, that was me and on Valentine's Day, I was in an automobile accident. It is a long story but basically I was stopped and waiting in traffic while the guy behind me doing 60mph thought I was the thru lane and tried to launch his 2000 Mercury over the top of my 1996 Civic. I escaped from the accident unscathed, a little soreness in my neck from the whiplash, but nevertheless complete and whole. My Honda, well, that is another story. The bumper and frame took the worst of it and the driver of the car's aunt is paying to total out my vehicle. I am receiving a tidy sum for totalling out the car and in a week or so I will driving a brand spanking new Honda Element 2WD - EXP, probably Black, like my bitches.

Prior to this I had over $1,000 of car stereo equipment stolen out of my car, so needless to say this year has pretty much SUCKED! As soon as I get that new Element and I drive it out of the dealership though, all should be worth it.

At any rate, I thought I would pop in and say Hello to all and let you know that I am still eating my MRE's and just trying to live life.

All the best and see ya every now and then!

PS I tried the new cheese and omelet MRE and it is the worst tasting CRAP I have ever had in my life...and the cholesterol...550mg ...WOW! It is not worth it.
"THEY CALL ME DIRTY...DIRTYDAVE"

fdsman

Post by fdsman » Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:08 pm

WHOA STILL ALIVE? Well, at least you didn't have to pay for the damages, otherwise you'd be broke for mre's!

DIRTYDAVE

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:04 pm

Good observation!

kman
Site Admin

Post by kman » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:10 pm

Hey DirtyDave - glad to see you back in the forums! I've been out of pocket myself a bit recently. Sorry to hear about the accident. Are you sure the guy that hit you didn't just finish watching the Dukes of Hazzard and was trying to do one of those cool car-jumping tricks?

Seriously though - I'm glad to hear you got out of it relatively unhurt. So have you picked up your new Element yet?

DIRTYDAVE

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:12 pm

LOL, funny about the Dukes of Hazzard there kman. All I can think about when I hear the word Dukes of Hazzard is thinking about the legs and rear end of that hot Jessica Simpson in the poster promoting that lame ass movie remake...No, I did not see it, but I could tell you it had to be the stupidest thing ever put onto motion picture film.

Yes, I got my Element. I will have to get some pics of me posing by it and will post them up here in a few.

Thanks for all the well wishes on still being alive.

kman
Site Admin

Post by kman » Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:46 am

I almost hate to say it but The Dukes of Hazzard movie wasn't too bad - I found myself laughing a lot. I thought it was going to be pretty stupid but since I grew up watching the original series I had to see the movie. Sure, some parts were slow but Jessica Simpson got me through them.

deanopilot

Post by deanopilot » Tue May 16, 2006 5:29 pm

DirtyDave:
Glad to hear you survived yet another FL road touring incident.

My whole family got creamed in FL about a year ago. You know what they say about how the most dangerous part of flying is the drive to and from the airport? It's true! Pulling out of the service drive at KISM airport and this fool in a 80's vintage Honda Accord/Prelude decides to run the red light and broadside us at 50mph. Everyone went to the hospital except my kids who were in car seats. The Honda had no airbag its driver wasn't using a seat belt and did his best to exit the vehicle through the w/s. He got a ride to the trauma center by helo, the wife went by ambulance, my brother and I courtesy of the sheriffs deputy. The only thing that saved us? FORD EXPEDITION BABY! two and a half tons of gas guzzlin' detroit iron. Uh Huh, you know I love those side curtain airbags too. Rock and roll. Didn't feel too safe on the roads that whole trip. I actually was relieved to get back in the Beechcraft and leave the terrestrial transportation behind.

Enjoy the new Hondu DirtyDave. Hope it's got lots of airbags in it.