Skype is a great idea for us mre eaters

For non-MRE, non-ration topics
fdsman

Skype is a great idea for us mre eaters

Post by fdsman » Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:05 am

Hey. everyone Skype is a computer to computer, or a computer to landline or mobile, right now skype has a gift where you can talk to anyone in the world, on a landline or mobile phone for 10 mins, it may bot seem like much, but hey, 10 mins is better then no mins, anyhow, if you have any mre's to sell me for a good price, we can discuss it on Skype, my skype is gdawgg5524
and, kman, if this takes off, could you please put a skype button for the contacts?

thanks, fdsman

DIRTYDAVE

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:14 am

I already tried this with teampseak fdsman and it went over like a turd in a punchbowl.

I have and use Teamspeak and so does kman, we used to be on an online gaming squad and I have a 24/7 server up and running that is available and it is free of charge.

Let me know if you are interested.
"THEY CALL ME DIRTY...DIRTYDAVE"

Twobravo

Post by Twobravo » Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:40 pm

I use Teamspeak and Ventrillo. I play Battlefield 1942 and some of the mods for it like Desert Combat and Forgotten Hope online.

kman
Site Admin

Post by kman » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:05 pm

Hey fdsman - kind of like DirtyDave said, the teamspeak thing was tried before and didn't fly too well. I guess people are more interested in reading (and lurking) than talking.

Me personally, I like to post/read first, IM/chat second (better for semi-realtime communication), and then teamspeak third. And for something like cooperative game playing, teamspeak kicks ass! I just need a foot pedal that be used to activate the chat button because all my hands are usually busy on the keyboard/mouse.

DIRTYDAVE

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:14 pm

LOL, yes I have often thought of trying to invent a foot pedal for the teamspeak thing as well kman. I am shocked no one has made and sold one. We should invent one and patent it, it would make millions!
"THEY CALL ME DIRTY...DIRTYDAVE"

fdsman

Post by fdsman » Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:38 pm

Hmm, I'm now intrested if I can have admin on this server.