Moist Towelette — Hand Sanitizer — Disinfectant -- Face Masks

For non-MRE, non-ration topics
GunnarTheFeisty

Re: Moist Towelette — Hand Sanitizer — Disinfectant

Post by GunnarTheFeisty » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:57 pm

pretty sure masks work well. If they don't, well, it's no real inconvenience to wear it? and lockdowns ARE effective.
most wanted: RCIR, MCI/B units, IMPs, anything old, and a packet or two of RAFCO soup. PM if you've got these, or anything else to sell that isn't too expensive.

Tedster

Post by Tedster » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:22 pm

GunnarTheFeisty wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:57 pm
pretty sure masks work well. If they don't, well, it's no real inconvenience to wear it? and lockdowns ARE effective.
Well that settles it then, I guess. Since ... you're "pretty sure" and all. How about a 2nd opinion?

--------

CORONAVIRUSTop Pathologist Claims Coronavirus is "The Greatest Hoax Ever Perpetrated on an Unsuspecting Public"

Says "masks are utterly useless."

Top pathologist Dr. Roger Hodkinson told government officials in Alberta during a zoom conference call that the current coronavirus crisis is "the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on an unsuspecting public."

Hodkinson's comments were made during a discussion involving the Community and Public Services Committee and the clip was subsequently uploaded to YouTube.

Noting that he was also an expert in virology, Hodkinson pointed out that his role as CEO of a biotech company that manufactures COVID tests means, "I might know a little bit about all this."

"There is utterly unfounded public hysteria driven by the media and politicians, it's outrageous, this is the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on an unsuspecting public," said Hodkinson.

The doctor said that nothing could be done to stop the spread of the virus besides protecting older more vulnerable people and that the whole situation represented "politics playing medicine, and that's a very dangerous game."

Hodkinson's comments were made during a discussion involving the Community and Public Services Committee and the clip was subsequently uploaded to YouTube.

Noting that he was also an expert in virology, Hodkinson pointed out that his role as CEO of a biotech company that manufactures COVID tests means, "I might know a little bit about all this."

"There is utterly unfounded public hysteria driven by the media and politicians, it's outrageous, this is the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on an unsuspecting public," said Hodkinson.

The doctor said that nothing could be done to stop the spread of the virus besides protecting older more vulnerable people and that the whole situation represented "politics playing medicine, and that's a very dangerous game."

Hodkinson remarked that "social distancing is useless because COVID is spread by aerosols which travel 30 meters or so before landing," as he called for society to be re-opened immediately to prevent the debilitating damage being caused by lockdowns.

Hodkinson also slammed mandatory mask mandates as completely pointless.

"Masks are utterly useless. There is no evidence base for their effectiveness whatsoever," he said.

"Paper masks and fabric masks are simply virtue signalling. They're not even worn effectively most of the time. It's utterly ridiculous. Seeing these unfortunate, uneducated people - I'm not saying that in a pejorative sense - seeing these people walking around like lemmings obeying without any knowledge base to put the mask on their face."

The doctor also slammed the unreliability of PCR tests, noting that "positive test results do not, underlined in neon, mean a clinical infection," and that all testing should stop because the false numbers are "driving public hysteria."

Hodkinson said that the risk of death in the province of Alberta for people under the age of 65 was "one in three hundred thousand," and that it was simply "outrageous" to shut down society for what the doctor said "was just another bad flu."

"I'm absolutely outraged that this has reached this level, it should all stop tomorrow," concluded Dr. Hodkinson.

Hodkinson's credentials are beyond question, with the MedMalDoctors website affirming his credibility.

he did not hold back
https://tinyurl.com/y5qj9ufg
audio at link

GunnarTheFeisty

Post by GunnarTheFeisty » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:29 pm

even if all that is true, does it really hurt anybody to wear a mask? no, it doesn't.
most wanted: RCIR, MCI/B units, IMPs, anything old, and a packet or two of RAFCO soup. PM if you've got these, or anything else to sell that isn't too expensive.

housil

Post by housil » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:19 am

Not to go too deep into that topic over here, but I have to deal with Covid patients every day, also with protektive clothing:
Tedster wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:22 pm

"Masks are utterly useless. There is no evidence base for their effectiveness whatsoever," he said.
Long story short - bullshit.

Medical staff is wearing mask since decades for which reason?!

To stops germs from spreading with their exhaling air. If that guy is right, all surgeons can drop their allegedly useless masks. Do you volunteer for the first operation where the staff is wearing no masks? :wink:

jfko6
eBay name: jfk9

Post by jfko6 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:44 pm

Crash Course in COVID-19 SARS.

The Long Gray Line
U.S. Army Veteran
Duty * Honor * Country
American Legion Legionnaire

Tedster

Post by Tedster » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:08 pm

housil wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:19 am

Medical staff is wearing mask since decades for which reason?!

Well I can explain it to you, but I can't make you understand it.

We're not talking about surgery. Let's start with that.

We're talking about forcing everyone including children to wear dust masks to try and prevent the spread of the flu. It simply hasn't been shown to be particularly effective, aka "statistically significant". That was the CDC official stance until everything went off the rails.

The first official public pronouncements were "Stop wearing masks, you're scaring everyone!" Remember that? This was right about the time they were encouraging people to go about their daily routines and, particularly and specifically, be sure to attend parades and continue their patronage at their favorite Chinese reataurants. At that time the stories coming from overseas were horrific, and public officials were in the "Everything Is Fine" loop. Except nobody was eating in the restaurants. The largest human migration occurs (apparently) for the Chinese New Year. Schools (students) and employees (family) were hard hit.

That quickly morphed though virtually overnight into a public admonition "Stop buying masks, they don't work, the health care professionals need them." That was direct from the surgeon general. Of course that does sound a bit contradictory, but we don't live in a world where fine distinctions can be made.

"Wear a dust mask or we'll throw you in prison" <------- You are Here

housil

Post by housil » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:21 pm

Any face cover helps to stop spreading the virus.

It´s a political problem, not a medical. Politicians abuse the whole virus debate for their purposes and goals.

bart

Post by bart » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:58 pm

housil wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:21 pm
Any face cover helps to stop spreading the virus.

It´s a political problem, not a medical. Politicians abuse the whole virus debate for their purposes and goals.
I like this poster :D
6BCDC7A9-3266-4CEF-A5C0-FB2CB234B33F.jpeg

jfko6

Post by jfko6 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:12 pm

My personal doctor volunteered some important statistics for me and was clear: masks have been very effective in reducing the spread of multiple diseases/viruses especially in Australia, he said with a great reduction in viral flu compared to last season.

I wear masks proactively. We sanitize our space were I work. I believe I’ll make it and get to the vaccine before the disease vectors in.

Realistically, the mask is only one component to defend against the virus. Masks were used during the Spanish Flu.

Usually, if you don’t cite citations in a college paper defending your argument you receive an F in the course.

Mask testing by doctors in science

I trust more that the mask is effective in controlling symptomology.
The Long Gray Line
U.S. Army Veteran
Duty * Honor * Country

jfko6

#Comewithmeifyouwanttolive

Post by jfko6 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:01 pm

Governor Schwarzenegger responds to anti-vaxxers weighing science and responsibility. It is a legitimate critique of anyone who wants to defy sensible mandates and personal health and safety standards.
4BAC3987-60B5-4DE4-8648-8A5DEF6285E4.jpeg
Governor Schwarzenegger and President Joe Biden
CD121DFF-83C7-40AE-A044-12834C111B1B.jpeg
Governor Schwarzenegger and President Joe Biden
The Governator gets vaccinated

Last edited by jfko6 on Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Long Gray Line
U.S. Army Veteran
Duty * Honor * Country