September 29, 2008 Market Crash

For non-MRE, non-ration topics
jfko6
eBay name: jfk9

Markets Down

Post by jfko6 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:12 pm

Fed Chairman says this will last into 2009 based on current predictions.
The President today made his rounds handling questions on the economy.
Attachments
Fed Chairman.jpg
Markets-1.jpg
The Long Gray Line
U.S. Army Veteran
Duty * Honor * Country
American Legion Legionnaire

bl00k
eBay name: bl00k

Post by bl00k » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:17 pm

The problem is you can't trust anything those people say anymore. How some people can and do trust those people's words is beyond me.

Ben "Subprime is contained" Bernanke does not know what he's talking about. Or if he does, he's lying his a$$ off.

bishopmarine

Post by bishopmarine » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:27 pm

i agree blook i dont trust anything any leaders say anymore. everything is a spin. they have wordsmiths that will weave the truth into a lie. its just a mess. i am sticking by my plan to not vote for any incumbent from the bottom to the top until they realize that they are elected to do the will of the people not the will of the lobbyists. if people start to vote them out after one term if they dont produce they will learn. but that probably wont happen. also while i am at it. i have a high school diploma no economic experience. but if this mess was created by people taking out more loan on homes than they could really afford. its not just there fault the banks are at fault too. why bail out the banks. why not instead of foreclosing on the homes and driving down the value of real estate and essentially forcing more homes into foreclosure. let the government buy the high risk loans refinance the to a low fixed rate 5-6% allow the families to remain in the homes. and allow the loans to be paid back with interest maybe not the up to 13% some are charged but still a fair amount. why wont that work and if i can come up with a descent plan why is the best our gov can do is to throw money at the problem putting it back into the hands that started this whole mess. they gave ieg like 200 million or billion now they are questioning if it was the right thing to do. isnt that backwards? should they have questioned first then given money? of course. i could go on and my plan has a much broader scope then just refinancing loans to make them affordable. i just dont have the patience to type it all out. i guess you can say i am just disgusted at the whole situation.
"Do not attack the First Marine Division. Leave the yellowlegs alone. Strike the American Army."
Orders given to Communist troops in the Korean War;
shortly afterward, the Marines were ordered
to not wear their khaki leggings.

aquarius

Post by aquarius » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:38 am

I'm on the internet since a long time. Already in 2003 the first articles appeared on the internet on how about bad loans and excessive credits would degrade the US dollar and all other currencies. In 2006 these articles were published on the internet by many people. They were called the 'Doom and Gloomes' and were laughed about by almost everybody, especially by the people who had studied economics and alike.
Now you can see where we are.

This crisis has 4 sort of people that are responsible:
1. the ones who created these 'toxic' products and stole the money from us (the bankers, analysts, economists etc.);
2. the ones who knew what was happening, but who decided to lie or shut up it (bankers, politicians)
3. the ones who should have known about it, but didn't see a thing. (economistst, politicians, bankers)
4. we, the people, who are greedy and didn't want to think about how to pay back loans we couldn't afford in the first place, to buy things we didn't really need.

And now the people from the first three categories are going to safe us. They arrange bail-outs, money from helicopters, and so on. They tell us to trust them, or worse, to vote for them. Instead of killing themselves from shame (like some Japanese bankers would do), they present themselves as our saviours. What are we going to do about it...???

Some voting advice:
Which events melts down the US financial reserves (if there are any left at all)? What is consuming your soldiers at a fast rate? It are the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.
You care about abortions, but what about the pre-natal abortions on your military men? How many lifes could have been saved without these wars? Not to mention health care for the thousands of cripled soldiers. How many bridges and (rail)roads could have been constructed? How many teenagers could have been teached about birth control (so abortions wouldn't have been necessary)?
Don't use the argument that you can not leave Iraq now, because you can not leave the Iraquees alone. Nobody cared for the Iraqi people at all when trigger happy Bush, Cheney and the oil establishment went in!
If an Army like the US has, can't win the war in Iraq in 5 years, it will not do even in 20 years. Same applies for Afghanistan. Also the Russians with there second strongest army were kicked out of Afghanistan.
So if you like everlasting wars, the best thing to do is vote for an old veteran (didn't the guy learn anything from the Vietnam defeat??) and his not-so-street-wise running mate.

Maybe I stepped on some toes. But when I see what the candidates throw at eachother, I don't feel very guilty. I guess that's how democracy works nowadays.
"if you don't read the newspaper, you are uniformed. If you do read the newspaper, you are misinformed". (Mark Twain)

jfko6

Why we are at war

Post by jfko6 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:16 pm

Aquarius:

You can't blame the current President for these wars. Most people forget why we are there fighting terrorism. The US stayed on the side lines long enough: Beirut bombings, USS Cole attack, US Embassy attacks in Africa.
And more. The terrorists attacked us in 1993 and again on 9.11.01.
I was there. In case you forgotten what happened here's why we are fighting in the middle east. I know because I was in it. And I'm glad the President who I voted for did something about it. As for the abortion issue. The days of the Roe v. Wade law are numbered. We'll probably see it start disappear with the next President whoever it is.
The Long Gray Line
U.S. Army Veteran
Duty * Honor * Country

Big Galloot

Re: Why we are at war

Post by Big Galloot » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:42 pm

jfko6 wrote: here's why we are fighting in the middle east.
I am not sure how you can justify invading Iraq as a valid response to 9/11.

Are you trying to say that Hussein was responsible for 9/11? There's absolutely no proof of that. Do you believe that our presence in Iraq represents even a tiny inconvenience to Al Qaeda? I don't think so!

Frankly, it is like killing the dog because the cat ate your canary. It might make you feel better, but you haven't addressed the problem.

Let us face facts, Al Qaeda owns Afghanistan and Bin Laden remains as free as a bird. That will teach them!
You can pick your friends
and you can pick your nose
but you can't roll your friends into little green balls!

jfko6

Iraq

Post by jfko6 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:01 pm

Big Galloot:

Do you not think I've not heard all that rhetoric before.
Are there not terrorists in IRAQ? (Have you not seen many of my posts from Live Leak).

Has Al Qaeda not aligned themselves with the Taliban.

Has Hussein not destroyed his chemical weapons facilities. Oh' yes he did.

Did not Israel destroy a nuclear Weapons facility in IRAQ.

Our President has made "no distinction between the terrorists and those who harbor them."

Or even now has not IRAN not made every effort to develop a nuclear weapon and try to destroy Israel off the face of the planet.

Has not our invasion of Iraq not uncovered the UN scams relating to food and oil.

Saddam Hussein. Who cares about him.
The Long Gray Line
U.S. Army Veteran
Duty * Honor * Country

Stef

Post by Stef » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:06 pm

Big Galloot wrote: Frankly, it is like killing the dog because the cat ate your canary. It might make you feel better, but you haven't addressed the problem.
I agree with Big Galloot, sure Sadam was an evil b...d, he killed civilians, kids ASO but as long as he was fighting the Ayatollah's fans, the guys of the Communist Party of Kurdistan and the Islamists in his own country, as long as he was fighting Iran with our help (I mean all the Western countries) and as long as he was not "invited" to invade Kuwait, everybody found him very pleasant. The Iraqi Christians where safe. And at least there were not terrorists in Iraq, except himself of course but his terrorism was agains his own opponents.
Now Al Qaeda holds the country, the US will have to retire one day and then Iraq will be the sanctuary for all the evil beardies of this planet, well done. :roll:
In principio erat spamum

bl00k
eBay name: bl00k

Re: Iraq

Post by bl00k » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:14 pm

jfko6 wrote:Big Galloot:

Do you not think I've not heard all that rhetoric before.
Are there not terrorists in IRAQ? (Have you not seen many of my posts from Live Leak).

Has Al Qaeda not aligned themselves with the Taliban.

Has Hussein not destroyed his chemical weapons facilities. Oh' yes he did.

Did not Israel destroy a nuclear Weapons facility in IRAQ.

Or even now has not IRAN not made every effort to develop a nuclear weapon and try to destroy Israel off the face of the planet.
Im not so sure about all this, ofcourse we hear about in through the media, but i have no idea if any of it is true. What i do know is that Bush has lied in the running up to the Iraq invasion. If he says Iran is a threat to the world, just as he did in 2002/2003 about Iraq, why should i believe him? I don't believe anything the man says anymore. Especially not if i can find enough articles about Iran and how much of a non-threat they really are.

If Bush has some secret reason to invade Iran, just spit it out, maybe the people support you, maybe they don't, thats democracy. But don't lie over and over again to the American people just to make them support you. Lying a country into war is about the lowest as you can go.
Saddam Hussein. Who cares about him.
I don't, he deserved death penalty.

jfko6

Saddam

Post by jfko6 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:19 pm

Stef/bl00k:

When the US invaded IRAQ the first thing the Marines encountered upon resistance were terrorist training camps. Saddam supported those camps. They were filled with mercenaries from all over the region. Its actually amazing to me; Everyone knows that terrorism exists in the middle east all the way down to Afghanistan and beyond those borders. But terrorism exists everywhere but Iraq. Yeah Right.
Terrorist Training Camp part 1

Terrorist Training Camp part 2

The Long Gray Line
U.S. Army Veteran
Duty * Honor * Country