Do you carry a knife?

For non-MRE, non-ration topics
DangerousDave

Normally

Post by DangerousDave » Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:09 pm

:arrow: Linder Ranger, Cold Steel SRK, Case Trapper(s), Case Copperhead, Sometimes, Cold Steel TrailMaster.

Twobravo

Post by Twobravo » Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:38 am

I've been carrying a knife for many years. It used to be in most parts of the country that when a boy reached a certain age, some sort of knife was given to him by an elder family member. Proper use, care, and safety were taught to him. He then carried this knife with him in his daily journey.

I was given a red Victorinox swiss army knife which I still have in my top drawer today. I think it's a huntsman or hunter model. It has the saw blade in it. It's an excellent quality SAK and I prefer the Victorinox to Wenger although both are authentic.

I carried a Benchmade Emerson CQC-7 for about 6 months duration maybe 3 or 4 years ago. It was way too brittle and expensive.

The knife that's spent the most time with me has been a Cold Steel Voyager. Excellent quality folder with a good strong blade and very strong positive locking mechanism. This was one with the molded in pocket clip. It broke last year when it got caught on the door of one of our fire trucks. I sent it back to Cold Steel and they sent me a brand new knife with a new redesigned metal clip. No charge, no questions asked.

I use that knife on my days off. For uniform carry I use a new Blue handled Gerber folder I picked up for 40% off at Lowe's a few weeks ago. Gerber makes good blades and this knife sort of goes with my uniform so it doesn't look out of place.

Sorry for the long post. That's my quick story about knives.