Carrying water on a rescue truck. is it necssary?

For non-MRE, non-ration topics
Militaryration_guy

Carrying water on a rescue truck. is it necssary?

Post by Militaryration_guy » Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:36 pm

Hey everyone, last night me and some other guys on my department were talking about our light rescue truck and that everyone was wanting it to go from having 350 gallons to removing water off it and so I told them what if you show up on a wreck and there is fire that is blocking the ability to get the patient out so at least you'll have enoguh water to drag them out of possible, a buddy said that's why a brush truck is 2nd out on wrecks. What do you guys think, water on rescue or not.
A random hillbilly guy intrested in in military rations from across the world :arrow: :mrgreen: :arrow: :!: :?:

housil

Re: Carrying water on a rescue truck. is it necssary?

Post by housil » Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:40 pm

We don´t have water on rescue trucks as they never respond alone, always with an engine.

Militaryration_guy

Post by Militaryration_guy » Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:00 pm

housil wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:40 pm
We don´t have water on rescue trucks as they never respond alone, always with an engine.
Are you a paid or volunteer department
A random hillbilly guy intrested in in military rations from across the world :arrow: :mrgreen: :arrow: :!: :?:

Smitty

Post by Smitty » Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:24 pm

Tell them Smitty says they're making a mistake in removing the 3000 lbs off the light rescue vehicle. My consulting invoice is in the mail.
All the best, Gents.

- I'm also making videos mainly for my own enjoyment, but hey, maybe you might want to check them out: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4-9gp ... C1dSyPX0w/

Militaryration_guy

Post by Militaryration_guy » Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:18 pm

Smitty wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:24 pm
Tell them Smitty says they're making a mistake in removing the 3000 lbs off the light rescue vehicle. My consulting invoice is in the mail.
Lol

Militaryration_guy

Post by Militaryration_guy » Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:22 pm

Smitty wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:24 pm
They really are especially when we only have 6-10 active firefighters

housil

Post by housil » Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:21 pm

Militaryration_guy wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:00 pm
I´m a paid full time paramedic.

Militaryration_guy

Post by Militaryration_guy » Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:41 pm

housil wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:21 pm
Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:00 pm
I´m a paid full time paramedic.
In my volunteer department we have 30 FFs on our roster but only 6-10 of them show up for calls and training

housil

Post by housil » Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:15 am

Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:41 pm
In my volunteer department we have 30 FFs on our roster but only 6-10 of them show up for calls and training
Our volunteers department never respond alone to a this critical call. There will be always called the next neighbor department(s) too to increase man power and each department has different equipment. I´m living in a very rural place with a pop of just 500 ppls but the biggest difference to the US is, the next city, village etc. is never more far than 5 km (3miles over here). You can´t get lost, even if you want to :D

See this accident I responded (ambulance), right next to my village and the neighbor village. Two car hit head on. The volunteer FF departments from both villages got alarmed and responded from both sides to the scene.

Militaryration_guy

Post by Militaryration_guy » Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:30 am

housil wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:15 am
Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:41 pm
Our volunteers department never respond alone to a this critical call. There will be always called the next neighbor department(s) too to increase man power and each department has different equipment. I´m living in a very rural place with a pop of just 500 ppls but the biggest difference to the US is, the next city, village etc. is never more far than 5 km (3miles over here). You can´t get lost, even if you want to :D

See this accident I responded (ambulance), right next to my village and the neighbor village. Two car hit head on. The volunteer FF departments from both villages got alarmed and responded from both sides to the scene.

Where I'm at if we get a wreck the closest department gets called along with EMS and if additonal firefighters or EMTs are needed then they are requested, typically the first unit on scene makes the request for air evac