Ready Wise, is it made by the Wise food company?

For non-MRE, non-ration topics
Militaryration_guy

Ready Wise, is it made by the Wise food company?

Post by Militaryration_guy » Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:28 pm

Greetings, earlier today I was running through my freeze dried food supply that I keep in my room and I keep a mix of Mountain House, Wise and Ready Wise freeze dried food in my supply, as I was thinking back to a prepper saying that Mountain House was the only good tasting company because they intend on people eating it and that Wise foods and others intend on keeping it your attic and for emergency only and thus don't taste good (whilst I have only had bad experiences in Wise tastes) nonetheless I rarely can get ahold of Mountain House and so I keep Wise and Ready Wise but I saw some of the same entrees and that got me wondering, does Wise run Ready Wise?
20211229_112505.jpg
A random hillbilly guy intrested in in military rations from across the world :arrow: :mrgreen: :arrow: :!: :?:

Amelieee1
eBay name: Amelieee1

Re: Ready Wise, is it made by the Wise food company?

Post by Amelieee1 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:30 pm

Yes, Wise Company re branded to "Ready Wise" after a scandal involving nutrition info and portion control.

Personally I would avoid any mains under the "Wise Company" Name. These are the older pouches are either have QA or stability problems. I had a 2012 production "Wise Company" "Cheesy Lasagna" a few weeks ago, it tasted ok but sorta funky. A few hours later i was stuck in pain on the khazi, for about 3 hours. Not sure if that was QA or the age of the meal, but I would be apprehensive to try another Wise Company meal.
Check out my ORP menu spreadsheet: https://bit.ly/2NqUFRX | I have: | British 24HR Box Rations | French RCIRs | Type I EPA |Danish Rations

Militaryration_guy

Post by Militaryration_guy » Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:34 pm

koreyyy1 wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:30 pm
Yes, Wise Company re branded to "Ready Wise" after a scandal involving nutrition info and portion control.

Personally I would avoid any mains under the "Wise Company" Name. These are the older pouches are either have QA or stability problems. I had a 2012 production "Wise Company" "Cheesy Lasagna" a few weeks ago, it tasted ok but sorta funky. A few hours later i was stuck in pain on the khazi, for about 3 hours. Not sure if that was QA or the age of the meal, but I would be apprehensive to try another Wise Company meal.
Thanks, I'll be sure to throw them out and tell my friends to throw theirs out
A random hillbilly guy intrested in in military rations from across the world :arrow: :mrgreen: :arrow: :!: :?:

Militaryration_guy

Post by Militaryration_guy » Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:41 pm

koreyyy1 wrote:

As I said that I've never had a good Wise meal and should I notify my local prepper store about it

Amelieee1

Post by Amelieee1 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:28 am

Militaryration_guy wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:41 pm
koreyyy1 wrote:

As I said that I've never had a good Wise meal and should I notify my local prepper store about it
Maybe? It was a 2012 MFG, and entirely possible it was just a bad pouch, but everything was sealed fine and smelled alright at first. Id just say take it careful and buy MH instead as its nicer + better
Check out my ORP menu spreadsheet: https://bit.ly/2NqUFRX | I have: | British 24HR Box Rations | French RCIRs | Type I EPA |Danish Rations

Militaryration_guy

Post by Militaryration_guy » Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:18 am

koreyyy1 wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:28 am
koreyyy1 wrote:

Maybe? It was a 2012 MFG, and entirely possible it was just a bad pouch, but everything was sealed fine and smelled alright at first. Id just say take it careful and buy MH instead as its nicer + better
May I ask if you could post or send me a link to the source to where you found out about the QA or stability problems with the older pouches

Amelieee1

Post by Amelieee1 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:55 pm

Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:18 am
koreyyy1 wrote:

May I ask if you could post or send me a link to the source to where you found out about the QA or stability problems with the older pouches
No "source" just a possible reason, again ive no idea why the pouch was like that as it should have been fine

Militaryration_guy

Post by Militaryration_guy » Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:18 pm

koreyyy1 wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:55 pm
Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:18 am
koreyyy1 wrote:

No "source" just a possible reason, again ive no idea why the pouch was like that as it should have been fine
Wise has changed their pouches a lot more than MH and I haven't found any recently produced actual Wise pouches so maybe they're trying to avoid rumors or something?