Anyone else here anti mask

For non-MRE, non-ration topics
User avatar
kman
Site Admin
Posts: 4357
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:07 pm
Location: Naples, FL
Contact:

Re: Anyone else here anti mask

Post by kman » Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:10 am

The thread isn't closed until a moderator locks it up. As long as people stay civil in the discussion, there's no need to lock it. The discussion has been ok so far in terms of not being all personal and attacky. Just play nice, disagree politely if you disagree, or just walk away and ignore the thread if you really don't like it.

User avatar
elandil
Posts: 679
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:56 pm
Contact:

Re: Anyone else here anti mask

Post by elandil » Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:51 am

Speaking as a person who had Covid, wearing that mask for a few minutes or hours is much easier than feeling like a truck hit you for days at a time or still feeling the lingering aftereffects a month or two later.

It's your choice, do what you want.

SentientTootsieRoll
Posts: 455
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:26 pm
Location: US

Re: Anyone else here anti mask

Post by SentientTootsieRoll » Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:32 pm

Militaryration_guy wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:57 am
koreyyy1 wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:50 am
Militaryration_guy wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:05 am


Because I belive that if you are going to catch covid that wearing a mask won't do anything and I don't think that it is legal to be forced to wear something by the goverment
In stores and other private premises, the owners are allowed to impose their own set of dress and behavioral rules. You arent "forced" to wear a mask, the boogeyman isnt gonna come with some gorilla glue and a mask and slap it on your face. You can choose not to wear a mask in public, but you might be fined or arrested for it, and thats because of laws that were passed, the only reason they made these laws etc is because they dont want half the fkn population to drop off. Since your in high school heres a way to put it into something youve probably seen,

its like rumors, Sherry tells her best friend Beth that Greg did XYZ or had a fight, we all know that by lunch every person in the school knows about it, this is because everyone is close and intermingles, so imagine this rumor is actually the ole C-19, and greg is really the population, not looking too good for greg now is it.
The private property rules I follow but I'm not going to wear something that I don't agree with on government property and my county sheriff said that he won't enforce a mask mandaite. look up in the constitution it says in the constitution that the government can't force you to wear something.
The current laws contradict plenty of our constitutional rights, yet I don't hear anyone talking about them. Republicans and Democrats are equally guilty of violating the constitution. I remember when George W. Bush allowed himself to illegally start a war without congressional approval. The Republicans were silent. He signed the Patriot Act into law which allows the government to illegally surveil us. The Republicans were silent. He opened up an illegal torture facility. The Republicans were silent. Barack Obama spent eight years trying to ban firearms. The Democrats were silent. When Edward Snowden released information proving that our government was illegally surveilling us, he snubbed him and the Democrats were silent. Trump and Biden continued many of the same policies, are equally guilty and should be in prison with the rest of them as far as I'm concerned. I could go on all day. And we're complaining about how a mask mandate is unconstitutional? Please, let's get serious.
Last edited by SentientTootsieRoll on Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
rareauldmealtimes
Posts: 171
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:22 am

Re: Anyone else here anti mask

Post by rareauldmealtimes » Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:40 pm

I have a first hand account on how my covid has affected my life. My father in law past away after being on a ventilator for 30 days with covid he was only in hismid 60s with no health problems. You can imagine my feelings on the subject, however here is my response....

I'd think that anyone that has the anti-mask stance should just try and put themselves in the shoes of the 500,000 Americans or the 2.5 million other people that have lost someone. My entire life has changed due to covid... Literally! Every single day, my life is nothing what it would of been without my father in law passing away from Covid. My mother-in-law is now living with me, we are having to deal with selling a house and getting property and possessions sold and the fact my wife lost her dad. Every single day I see the side affects of covid. We are now expecting a child and now she will not have a grandfather that would of been the absolute best grandpa ever.

Anti-maskers have no moral footing for their choices other than selfishness from my point of view and to be perfectly frank, are unpatriotic, as they cannot do the simplest of things for their fellow Americans. Wear a piece of fabric over their nose and mouths while in public.

I'd encourage you to understand empathy of others and believe in scientific undeniable fact that masks save lives and the vaccine is saving lives. I wear a mask 8+ hours a day at my job, when I'm in public or seeing family that isn't vaccinated, and even to the gym while running. This is EVEN after being vaccinated as I work in the healthcare industry.

I do this because I care about others and its also my civic duty to do so.
Last edited by rareauldmealtimes on Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Militaryration_guy
Posts: 190
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:14 pm
Location: The deep south

Re: Anyone else here anti mask

Post by Militaryration_guy » Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:12 pm

kman wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:10 am
The thread isn't closed until a moderator locks it up. As long as people stay civil in the discussion, there's no need to lock it. The discussion has been ok so far in terms of not being all personal and attacky. Just play nice, disagree politely if you disagree, or just walk away and ignore the thread if you really don't like it.
I almost sent you a pm asking you to close this thread up but if you say it is still okay to stay up then never mind
A random hillbilly guy intrested in in military rations from across the world :arrow: :mrgreen: :arrow: :!: :?:

User avatar
Militaryration_guy
Posts: 190
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:14 pm
Location: The deep south

Re: Anyone else here anti mask

Post by Militaryration_guy » Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:16 pm

SentientTootsieRoll wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:32 pm
Militaryration_guy wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:57 am
koreyyy1 wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:50 am


In stores and other private premises, the owners are allowed to impose their own set of dress and behavioral rules. You arent "forced" to wear a mask, the boogeyman isnt gonna come with some gorilla glue and a mask and slap it on your face. You can choose not to wear a mask in public, but you might be fined or arrested for it, and thats because of laws that were passed, the only reason they made these laws etc is because they dont want half the fkn population to drop off. Since your in high school heres a way to put it into something youve probably seen,

its like rumors, Sherry tells her best friend Beth that Greg did XYZ or had a fight, we all know that by lunch every person in the school knows about it, this is because everyone is close and intermingles, so imagine this rumor is actually the ole C-19, and greg is really the population, not looking too good for greg now is it.
The private property rules I follow but I'm not going to wear something that I don't agree with on government property and my county sheriff said that he won't enforce a mask mandaite. look up in the constitution it says in the constitution that the government can't force you to wear something.
The current laws contradict plenty of our constitutional rights, yet I don't hear anyone talking about them. Republicans and Democrats are equally guilty of violating the constitution. I remember when George W. Bush allowed himself to illegally start a war without congressional approval. The Republicans were silent. He signed the Patriot Act into law which allows the government to illegally surveil us. The Republicans were silent. He opened up an illegal torture facility. The Republicans were silent. Barack Obama spent eight years trying to ban firearms. The Democrats were silent. When Edward Snowden released information proving that our government was illegally surveilling us, he snubbed him and the Democrats were silent. Trump and Biden continued many of the same policies, are equally guilty and should be in prison with the rest of them as far as I'm concerned. I could go on all day. And we're complaining about how a mask mandate is unconstitutional? Please, let's get serious.
I do not care what politicans think, I'm just preaching the hard truth and I actually want to restore this country to the way our founding fathers wanted it to be.
A random hillbilly guy intrested in in military rations from across the world :arrow: :mrgreen: :arrow: :!: :?:

User avatar
Militaryration_guy
Posts: 190
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:14 pm
Location: The deep south

Re: Anyone else here anti mask

Post by Militaryration_guy » Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:16 pm

SentientTootsieRoll wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:32 pm
Militaryration_guy wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:57 am
koreyyy1 wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:50 am


In stores and other private premises, the owners are allowed to impose their own set of dress and behavioral rules. You arent "forced" to wear a mask, the boogeyman isnt gonna come with some gorilla glue and a mask and slap it on your face. You can choose not to wear a mask in public, but you might be fined or arrested for it, and thats because of laws that were passed, the only reason they made these laws etc is because they dont want half the fkn population to drop off. Since your in high school heres a way to put it into something youve probably seen,

its like rumors, Sherry tells her best friend Beth that Greg did XYZ or had a fight, we all know that by lunch every person in the school knows about it, this is because everyone is close and intermingles, so imagine this rumor is actually the ole C-19, and greg is really the population, not looking too good for greg now is it.
The private property rules I follow but I'm not going to wear something that I don't agree with on government property and my county sheriff said that he won't enforce a mask mandaite. look up in the constitution it says in the constitution that the government can't force you to wear something.
The current laws contradict plenty of our constitutional rights, yet I don't hear anyone talking about them. Republicans and Democrats are equally guilty of violating the constitution. I remember when George W. Bush allowed himself to illegally start a war without congressional approval. The Republicans were silent. He signed the Patriot Act into law which allows the government to illegally surveil us. The Republicans were silent. He opened up an illegal torture facility. The Republicans were silent. Barack Obama spent eight years trying to ban firearms. The Democrats were silent. When Edward Snowden released information proving that our government was illegally surveilling us, he snubbed him and the Democrats were silent. Trump and Biden continued many of the same policies, are equally guilty and should be in prison with the rest of them as far as I'm concerned. I could go on all day. And we're complaining about how a mask mandate is unconstitutional? Please, let's get serious.
I do not care what politicans think, I'm just preaching the hard truth and I actually want to restore this country to the way our founding fathers wanted it to be.
A random hillbilly guy intrested in in military rations from across the world :arrow: :mrgreen: :arrow: :!: :?:

User avatar
Militaryration_guy
Posts: 190
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:14 pm
Location: The deep south

Re: Anyone else here anti mask

Post by Militaryration_guy » Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:23 pm

rareauldmealtimes wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:40 pm
I have a first hand account on how my covid has affected my life. My father in law past away after being on a ventilator for 30 days only in mid 60s with no health problems due to covid. You can imagine my feelings on the subject, however here is my response....

I'd think that anyone that has the anti-mask stance should just try and put themselves in the shoes of the 500,000 Americans or the 2.5 million other people that have lost someone. My entire life has changed due to covid... Literally! Every single day, my life is nothing what it would of been without my father in law passing away from Covid. My mother-in-law is now living with me, we are having to deal with selling a house and getting property and possessions sold and the fact my wife lost her dad. Every single day I see the side affects of covid. We are now expecting a child and now she will not have a grandfather that would of been the absolute best grandpa ever.

Anti-maskers have no moral footing for their choices other than selfishness from my point of view and to be perfectly frank, are unpatriotic, as they cannot do the simplest of things for their fellow Americans. Wear a piece of fabric over their nose and mouths while in public.

I'd encourage you to understand empathy of others and believe in scientific undeniable fact that masks save lives and the vaccine is saving lives. I wear a mask 8+ hours a day at my job, when I'm in public or seeing family that isn't vaccinated, and even to the gym while running. This is EVEN after being vaccinated as I work in the healthcare industry.

I do this because I care about others and its also my civic duty to do so.
I lost a cousin due to covid, what I mean in terms of masks is that the government can not force you to wear anything against our will. And I belive that if you're going to get covid then ain't nothing going to stop you from getting it.
A random hillbilly guy intrested in in military rations from across the world :arrow: :mrgreen: :arrow: :!: :?:

User avatar
Militaryration_guy
Posts: 190
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:14 pm
Location: The deep south

Re: Anyone else here anti mask

Post by Militaryration_guy » Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:25 pm

elandil wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:51 am
Speaking as a person who had Covid, wearing that mask for a few minutes or hours is much easier than feeling like a truck hit you for days at a time or still feeling the lingering aftereffects a month or two later.

It's your choice, do what you want.
I belive that if you're going to get it then no matter what you do, you're going to get it.
A random hillbilly guy intrested in in military rations from across the world :arrow: :mrgreen: :arrow: :!: :?:

User avatar
koreyyy1
Posts: 449
Joined: Wed May 22, 2019 1:48 pm
eBay name: kohew_25
Location: West Sussex, United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: Anyone else here anti mask

Post by koreyyy1 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:28 pm

Militaryration_guy wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:25 pm
elandil wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:51 am
Speaking as a person who had Covid, wearing that mask for a few minutes or hours is much easier than feeling like a truck hit you for days at a time or still feeling the lingering aftereffects a month or two later.

It's your choice, do what you want.
I belive that if you're going to get it then no matter what you do, you're going to get it.
Im sorry but you have to be trolling right? if you are then I have no words but ones that do not belong on this forum to describe you
Check out my ORP menu spreadsheet: https://bit.ly/2NqUFRX | I have: | British 24HR Box Rations | French RCIRs | Type I EPA |Danish Rations

Post Reply