Anyone else here anti mask

For non-MRE, non-ration topics
Militaryration_guy

Re: Anyone else here anti mask

Post by Militaryration_guy » Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:26 pm

kman wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:22 pm
Yep, that's a good point. No one wants to see our beloved rations community up in arms (figuratively!) over controversial topics.

No one is getting banned here for stating and defending their views. They'd only get banned for not playing well with others. We don't have to agree with each other, but we do have to at least be respectful.

As I like to joke, "We won't tolerate intolerance!!" :-)
Yeah we've got to help respect, I hope that if I attend a meet up that people don't the I'm a nut just because of this thread.
A random hillbilly guy intrested in in military rations from across the world :arrow: :mrgreen: :arrow: :!: :?:

kman
Site Admin

Post by kman » Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:39 pm

Militaryration_guy wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:26 pm
Yeah we've got to help respect, I hope that if I attend a meet up that people don't the I'm a nut just because of this thread.
I don't think you have to worry about that. Meetups are fun. At first, everyone is all awkward and shy because...you know...seeing people in real life!?! But then you start chatting with them about rations and getting to know them as people and it turns into a real fun thing.

I've met a lot of people on these forums over the years, but the ones who really stick in my mind are the ones I've met in person at the meetups. Second to that are the ones I've interacted with a lot on Slack or on Oldsmokey's live streams (every Saturday night - be there!). Live(ish) interaction really takes the community to the next level.

Smitty

Post by Smitty » Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:48 pm

Agreed, heck of a good time. I don’t care if someone doesn’t share my radical centralism and non-religious views, or my belief that If I just put a couple more thousand dollars into my Land Rover...it’ll be reliable for a time.

I’ll listen to anyone but convincing someone to change their views is impossible. It’s much more realistic to explain why you believe in something with rational and reliable information and let them make up their own mind. To disregard either side as being fundamentally wrong while blinding yourself to their views is what gets us historically into confrontation.

People just gotta be ready to love humanity and all it’s varied greatness. Well, unless you’re an A-hole....
Last edited by Smitty on Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All the best, Gents.

- I'm also making videos mainly for my own enjoyment, but hey, maybe you might want to check them out: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4-9gp ... C1dSyPX0w/

Militaryration_guy

Post by Militaryration_guy » Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:49 pm

kman wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:39 pm
Militaryration_guy wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:26 pm
I don't think you have to worry about that. Meetups are fun. At first, everyone is all awkward and shy because...you know...seeing people in real life!?! But then you start chatting with them about rations and getting to know them as people and it turns into a real fun thing.

I've met a lot of people on these forums over the years, but the ones who really stick in my mind are the ones I've met in person at the meetups. Second to that are the ones I've interacted with a lot on Slack or on Oldsmokey's live streams (every Saturday night - be there!). Live(ish) interaction really takes the community to the next level.
I saw Oldsmoke's live stream about the meet up and it looked fun the only problem is that if I go to a meet up, I'd have to drive myself because when nobody in my family likes military rations and because I currently don't have my license yet it'll probably be late next year if I can get my license before I can go to the meet ups but I hope to be there sometime and chat around with the rest of you guys.
A random hillbilly guy intrested in in military rations from across the world :arrow: :mrgreen: :arrow: :!: :?:

Militaryration_guy

Post by Militaryration_guy » Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:52 pm

Smitty wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:48 pm
Agreed, heck of a good time. I don’t care if someone doesn’t share my radical centralism and non-religious views, or my belief that If I just put a couple more thousand dollars into my Land Rover...it’ll be reliable for a time.

I’ll listen to anyone but convincing someone to change their views is impossible. It’s much more realistic to explain why you believe in something with rational and reliable information and let them make up their own mind. To disregard either side as being fundamentally wrong while blinding yourself to their views is what gets us historically into confrontation.

People just gotta be ready to love humanity and all it’s varied greatness. Well, unless you’re an A-hole....
Yeah I explain my views to people but as one of my teachers said "only you can control your actions" so in the end it's up to the person to make up their own mind.

Militaryration_guy

Post by Militaryration_guy » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:00 pm

Finally the dust has settled after a dust storm of a day.

Militaryration_guy

Post by Militaryration_guy » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:03 pm

And sorry for any crap that this has caused

kman
Site Admin

Post by kman » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:06 pm

Smitty wrote:
I don’t care if someone doesn’t share [...] my belief that If I just put a couple more thousand dollars into my Land Rover...it’ll be reliable for a time.
Wait a minute...you're a Land Rover guy? I saw some memes about you just a minute ago...
landrover1.jpg
landrover3.jpg
landrover4.jpg
I kid!! I kid!! Remember, I'm the guy who broke his Honda Pilot while towing his last 4000 lbs. of stuff 800 miles down to Florida. After I blew up my radiator driving 600 miles to Cleveland.

Militaryration_guy

Post by Militaryration_guy » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:09 pm

kman wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:06 pm
Smitty wrote:
I don’t care if someone doesn’t share [...] my belief that If I just put a couple more thousand dollars into my Land Rover...it’ll be reliable for a time.
Wait a minute...you're a Land Rover guy? I saw some memes about you just a minute ago...

landrover1.jpg
landrover3.jpg
landrover4.jpg

I kid!! I kid!! Remember, I'm the guy who broke his Honda Pilot while towing his last 4000 lbs. of stuff 800 miles down to Florida. After I blew up my radiator driving 600 miles to Cleveland.
Nah the used cars on those trashy used car lots make drivers into mechanics

Smitty

Post by Smitty » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:15 pm

kman wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:06 pm
I have no proof to the contrary. I blew a water pump and spent 10,000 rebuilding the engine in the Disco II. The Range Rover has been solid so far though, if you look past the high beams turning on randomly or the bent front brake calipers (screeeeeeeeeeeech)
All the best, Gents.

- I'm also making videos mainly for my own enjoyment, but hey, maybe you might want to check them out: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4-9gp ... C1dSyPX0w/