Anyone here concealed carry? (LEGALLY OF COURSE). If so, what’s your EDC/preferred gun?

For non-MRE, non-ration topics
Rms2324

Anyone here concealed carry? (LEGALLY OF COURSE). If so, what’s your EDC/preferred gun?

Post by Rms2324 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:45 am

Hey folks!

As the title says, I’m looking for others here on the forums who concealed carry (legally). I personally carry everyday where legally possible. Take 5 seconds to throw my holster and belt on so why not.

My EDC is a Glock 27. Used to carry a 26 but sold it after finding little difference in recoil between 9mm and .40 S&W (personal preference). I find the 27 to be an awesome mix of concealability, capacity, and firepower. Also have a Glock 23 but that’s more of my nightstand/home defense gun. Should be able to deal with all 2 legged and most 4 legged beasts.

Ammo choice is either Speer or Federal. For .40 I prefer Speer and for 9mm I like Federal, not sure why. Probably because Gold Dots have been tested with police forces, bonded (I know Federal is too) and just a solid overall bullet. Currently using Gold Dot 180gr hollowpoints. Both great rounds, I’d trust my life with either.

I’ve somewhat been thinking about buying a little .380 for pocket carry but I feel that if I buy that, I’ll never carry a bigger gun and honestly I don’t want to get comfortable with a pocket gun as my main. Obviously not buying anything gun-wise right now, prices are out the ass and with the election coming, I see only negatives coming.

Please no politics, if you don’t like guns, great! There’s a whole internet out there for you to shout it, leave this thread in peace :)
Always looking for international ration sellers in the USA!

Smitty

Re: Anyone here concealed carry? (LEGALLY OF COURSE). If so, what’s your EDC/preferred gun?

Post by Smitty » Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:59 am

*cries Canadian tears*
All the best, Gents.

- I'm also making videos mainly for my own enjoyment, but hey, maybe you might want to check them out: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4-9gp ... C1dSyPX0w/

kman
Site Admin

Re: Anyone here concealed carry? (LEGALLY OF COURSE). If so, what’s your EDC/preferred gun?

Post by kman » Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:40 pm

I EDC with a Glock 43 (sub-compact 9mm). I used to carry a Kahr PM9 but once the baby Glocks came out, I couldn't resist switching. Also have a Glock 26 but it's just too fat (for me) to carry everyday. The 43 and that PM9 just disappear when tucked in with an IWB holster!

I got my wife a Bersa Thunder 380. It's an inexpensive/fun little gun to shoot and easy to carry and conceal. But again, that was a long time ago and if I were buying her a new one right now, I'd grab a Glock 42 (.380 version).

Rms2324

Post by Rms2324 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:42 am

kman wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:40 pm
I EDC with a Glock 43 (sub-compact 9mm). I used to carry a Kahr PM9 but once the baby Glocks came out, I couldn't resist switching. Also have a Glock 26 but it's just too fat (for me) to carry everyday. The 43 and that PM9 just disappear when tucked in with an IWB holster!

I got my wife a Bersa Thunder 380. It's an inexpensive/fun little gun to shoot and easy to carry and conceal. But again, that was a long time ago and if I were buying her a new one right now, I'd grab a Glock 42 (.380 version).
You know, it’s been about 2 years since I sold my 43 and every day I regret it a little more.

At the time I was still fairly new to carrying and with my limited skill, I thought bigger meant better. Growing up, I find myself in more and more situations where a smaller, more comfortable gun would suit my needs much better.

Don’t get me wrong, I love the 27 and while fat as hell, still comfortable, welding and concealed carry don’t go too well together due to it being a physical job with a lot of bending, crouching, etc. I’ve made it work so far but I’m really leaning towards something smaller

Rms2324

Post by Rms2324 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:52 am

Smitty wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:59 am
*cries Canadian tears*
If Canada allowed concealed carry for the average joe, with proper qualifications ofc, I’d move there in a heartbeat (policy allowing).

Smitty

Post by Smitty » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:00 am

Rms2324 wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:52 am
If Canada allowed concealed carry for the average joe, with proper qualifications ofc, I’d move there in a heartbeat (policy allowing).
There is a small amount with a concealed carry but it’s impossible to get. You have to prove that the RCMP cannot protect you and your life is in danger. Rumour has it that one of the anti-gun people has one :s

In anycase, wilderness carry is available for folks who work in the remote back country (surveyors, mineral exploration, etc), but not easy to get.

Nearest we get is that an antique handgun does not count as a firearm (unless you use it in a crime), so folks will carry .455 Webley’s and other outdated handguns. Prices are high though.
All the best, Gents.

- I'm also making videos mainly for my own enjoyment, but hey, maybe you might want to check them out: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4-9gp ... C1dSyPX0w/

BTemple
eBay name: btem9257

Post by BTemple » Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:02 pm

Smitty wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:00 am
Rms2324 wrote:
There is a small amount with a concealed carry but it’s impossible to get. You have to prove that the RCMP cannot protect you and your life is in danger. Rumour has it that one of the anti-gun people has one :s

In anycase, wilderness carry is available for folks who work in the remote back country (surveyors, mineral exploration, etc), but not easy to get.

Nearest we get is that an antique handgun does not count as a firearm (unless you use it in a crime), so folks will carry .455 Webley’s and other outdated handguns. Prices are high though.
Yeah my Webley MkVI cost me more than my Beretta 96A1 or my H&K USP
In the immortal words of President Harrison Ford, Air Force One: Peace is not the absence of war... it is the presence of justice.

Rms2324

Post by Rms2324 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:16 pm

BTemple wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:02 pm
Smitty wrote:
Rms2324 wrote:

That’s sad honestly

Rms2324

Post by Rms2324 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:16 pm

BTemple wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:02 pm
Smitty wrote:
Rms2324 wrote:

That’s sad honestly

GunnarTheFeisty

Post by GunnarTheFeisty » Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:18 pm

imagine not inheriting a Webley :lol:
most wanted: RCIR, MCI/B units, IMPs, anything old, and a packet or two of RAFCO soup. PM if you've got these, or anything else to sell that isn't too expensive.