Books, movies, articles

For non-MRE, non-ration topics
jfko6
eBay name: jfk9

Cold War

Post by jfko6 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:34 pm

I don’t know how it was used during the CW, but the Presidio is on my list to see. As far as detecting is concerned, it is prohibited on former military bases controlled by the Dept. of Interior where I am in New York.

Rule: Don’t use detecting equipment on former military bases for safety.

Some detectorists are determined to scan military bases ignoring the dangers.

Detecting is free elsewhere. In my opinion, if you have to get a permit to search, it’s probably not worth it.
And it’s better to Not use the headphones as not to potentially damage hearing.

Detecting requires long hours; it’s better not to cup the ears for that long constantly sending signals. You want to prevent hearing loss which is a completely preventable thing.

The Ronald Reagan presidential library in California is a great place to start a search for CW.

The Presidio
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=9361&p=68711&hilit=Presidio#p68711

Charlie Wilson’s War
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=10103&p=72550&hilit=Charlie#p72550
The Long Gray Line
U.S. Army Veteran
Duty * Honor * Country
American Legion Legionnaire

Steph1997

Re: Cold War

Post by Steph1997 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:37 pm

jfko6 wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:34 pm
I don’t know how it was used during the CW, but the Presidio is on my list to see. As far as detecting is concerned, it is prohibited on former military bases controlled by the Dept. of Interior where I am in New York.

Rule: Don’t use detecting equipment on former military bases for safety.

Some detectorists are determined to scan military bases ignoring the dangers.

Detecting is free elsewhere. In my opinion, if you have to get a permit to search, it’s probably not worth it.
And it’s better to Not use the headphones as not to potentially damage hearing.

Detecting requires long hours; it’s better not to cup the ears for that long constantly sending signals. You want to prevent hearing loss which is a completely preventable thing.

The Ronald Reagan presidential library in California is a great place to start a search for CW.

The Presidio
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=9361&p=68711&hilit=Presidio#p68711

Charlie Wilson’s War
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=10103&p=72550&hilit=Charlie#p72550
Great info thanks! I’ve just been doing it in my backyard cause there’s a lot of weird stuff we keep finding . But I’m probably going to stick to eBay, antique shops and flea markets for now :p
check out my youtube @campcooper