Masks Required?

For non-MRE, non-ration topics
Ren

Masks Required?

Post by Ren » Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:03 am

I like the part where they require masks, but nobody sells them. It makes me LOL.

Hope this info helps!

ViperGTS

Re: Masks Required?

Post by ViperGTS » Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:18 pm

My state now has A $1,000 (US) fine for to wearing a mask in public areas... but masks are next to impossible to find and lots of people are hurting financially... makes complete sense, doesn't it.

Matthew McConaughey should shut up and sell some more Lincolns... better version:

kman
Site Admin

Post by kman » Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:02 pm

But at least you can use *anything* for a mask...bandana, etc. I was just at Walmart (in NC) this afternoon and was distressed to see about 75% of the people NOT wearing masks.

Then again, it was a very surreal experience as I parked my car...turn off car, position my IWB holster/handgun, put on facemask...I felt like a robber.

Amelieee1
eBay name: Amelieee1

Post by Amelieee1 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:33 pm

kman wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:02 pm
But at least you can use *anything* for a mask...bandana, etc. I was just at Walmart (in NC) this afternoon and was distressed to see about 75% of the people NOT wearing masks.

Then again, it was a very surreal experience as I parked my car...turn off car, position my IWB holster/handgun, put on facemask...I felt like a robber.
KMan I think you just robbed a Walmart
Check out my ORP menu spreadsheet: https://bit.ly/2NqUFRX | I have: | British 24HR Box Rations | French RCIRs | Type I EPA |Danish Rations

kman
Site Admin

Post by kman » Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:43 pm

They were all out of toilet paper, hand sanitizer, and bleach...so nothing to rob!

housil

Post by housil » Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:39 am

kman wrote:

:mrgreen: :D :D

Kman is right, you can wear anything as a "mask". The purpose is, to stop the spread of the virus. Any "cloth" will catch the "drops" peoples "spit" while talking, exhaling etc. Just make sure no to wear it for hours... Once it got moist/wet from the mist, change it.

ViperGTS

Post by ViperGTS » Sat May 02, 2020 12:53 pm

housil wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:39 am
kman wrote:

:mrgreen: :D :D

Kman is right, you can wear anything as a "mask". The purpose is, to stop the spread of the virus. Any "cloth" will catch the "drops" peoples "spit" while talking, exhaling etc. Just make sure no to wear it for hours... Once it got moist/wet from the mist, change it.
yup, my wife made a ton on bandana masks with coffee filter inserts

jfko6
eBay name: jfk9

Post by jfko6 » Mon May 04, 2020 7:55 pm

New York City is giving out free masks daily throughout the city in its parks. Call 311 for locations.
The Long Gray Line
U.S. Army Veteran
Duty * Honor * Country
American Legion Legionnaire

ViperGTS

Post by ViperGTS » Tue May 05, 2020 11:20 am

jfko6 wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 7:55 pm
New York City is giving out free masks daily throughout the city in its parks. Call 311 for locations.
wow really? A single mask here sells for $5. ... six months ago a box of 50 was $2

jfko6
eBay name: jfk9

Post by jfko6 » Tue May 05, 2020 1:08 pm

Where going to be like men and handle this pandemic all the way through. Looks like those masks are provided by health and human services. It may be inconvenient situation, but we have a lot to hope for. Am hearing our churches are getting hit big, but are finding creative ways to manage.

We have these daily rally’s at 7PM to honor healthcare workers and emergency responders where I’m at. It’s a lot of fun.
The Long Gray Line
U.S. Army Veteran
Duty * Honor * Country
American Legion Legionnaire