I decided to do some creative writing during the quarantine

For non-MRE, non-ration topics
JediMindTricks

I decided to do some creative writing during the quarantine

Post by JediMindTricks » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:31 pm

every day I'm going to add to the story. I'm starting on day 3 because it sounds more dramatic :mrgreen:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Its day 3 of the quarantine.

Food reserves are running low, I am down to meager rations of 3 almonds per day.

Toilet paper is the commodity on the black market.

Mauraders are roaming the streets. Tires are burning, the daylight is being blocked by the black rubber smoke.

In the distance, gunshots. Who am I kidding, its closer than I think.

Hordes of zombies are slowly slithering through the streets, slobbering up anything that moves.

I've seen packs of 50+ dogs running down victims and tearing them to shreds...poor kid, I don't even want to think about it.

Its survival of the fittest.

I've been using my radio to reach for real help, no replies.

A roaming gang of motorcycle outlaws roars by my boarded up windows, they're dragging their latest victims by chains through the streets.

I have 2 more days of water left, if I try to ration real hard.

My Mossberg has 4 shells left, my Ak-47 is down to 48 rounds.

I wonder what day 4 will bring.

☢️☣️☢️☣️☢️☣️☢️☣️
Image Image Image

Amelieee1
eBay name: Amelieee1

Re: I decided to do some creative writing during the quarantine

Post by Amelieee1 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:40 pm

JediMindTricks wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:31 pm
every day I'm going to add to the story. I'm starting on day 3 because it sounds more dramatic :mrgreen:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Its day 3 of the quarantine.

Food reserves are running low, I am down to meager rations of 3 almonds per day.

Toilet paper is the commodity on the black market.

Mauraders are roaming the streets. Tires are burning, the daylight is being blocked by the black rubber smoke.

In the distance, gunshots. Who am I kidding, its closer than I think.

Hordes of zombies are slowly slithering through the streets, slobbering up anything that moves.

I've seen packs of 50+ dogs running down victims and tearing them to shreds...poor kid, I don't even want to think about it.

Its survival of the fittest.

I've been using my radio to reach for real help, no replies.

A roaming gang of motorcycle outlaws roars by my boarded up windows, they're dragging their latest victims by chains through the streets.

I have 2 more days of water left, if I try to ration real hard.

My Mossberg has 4 shells left, my Ak-47 is down to 48 rounds.

I wonder what day 4 will bring.

☢️☣️☢️☣️☢️☣️☢️☣️
Nice
Check out my ORP menu spreadsheet: https://bit.ly/2NqUFRX | I have: | British 24HR Box Rations | French RCIRs | Type I EPA |Danish Rations

Smitty

Post by Smitty » Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:54 pm

Right arm! Bring it on, buddy.
All the best, Gents.

- I'm also making videos mainly for my own enjoyment, but hey, maybe you might want to check them out: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4-9gp ... C1dSyPX0w/

RGoodellSr
eBay name: Goodell911

Post by RGoodellSr » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:32 am

Love it
Please visit Rick & Aedyn on YouTube: MRE Goodell

M R Eedy
eBay name: Creeder

Post by M R Eedy » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:13 am

Then I realized I was watching walking dead went to the fridge and made me a bacon sandwich and had a cold beer

M R Eedy

Post by M R Eedy » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:23 am

Just kidding caught my attention nice start

JediMindTricks

Post by JediMindTricks » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:06 pm

Day 4.

I finally found a use for all the scrap I collected from the trash bins from all the large construction yards around the city.

I welded/screwed/ and used adhesive to attach what I think is a decent amount of steel to the outside of 86 Bronco, I tried as much as possible to attach the sheets at angles, for maximum deflection.

Put on my 20in Terra Grappler tires in the garage.

Drained every little bit of water out of every container I had into giant culligan water bottles, I have exactly 1.5 bottles full. They're in the truck. My food is in the truck.

And good news, when rummaging through my garage, I found my two friends, click and clack, two Glock 23's, with two boxes of ammo, exactly 40 rounds of .40 S&W

BANG! BANG!! I hear two shots, loud, reverberating, sounds like two shotgun blasts. I hear windows shattering, wood cracking, and then a scream... "I don't have it! I don't have any! Pleas...BANG!" I hear no more talking.

I put my Mossberg behind my seat, and my Ak is in between the two front seats. I have all 48 rounds into my drum mag, I'm ready to tango, should anyone

decide they want to step up.

This afternoon I heard some helicopters flying overhead, loudspeakers blaring, couldn't understand shit they were saying.

I start going over my checklist in the truck: It seems I got everything, and even if I do forget, its not like I can come back, no...I have to head west.

Pressed the button inside my truck, the garage door starts to creak open...

Sunlight, I haven't seen sunlight in so long, my eyes take a couple of minutes to adjust.

As soon as my tires start squealing, I see street dwellers scatter in all directions.

I whip my steering wheel around, my truck, heavily weighed down, turns onto the street, and I put the pedal to the metal and get the fuuu out of city limits.

Its terrifying..I don't know whats going to happen to my soul, I'm doomed to go to hell, bodies everywhere, I have no choice but to drive over them.

I drive past the large bridge over I-90, there's thousands of cars before the bridge, on the bridge, past the bridge. Theres 2 school busses burning, black smoke as far as I can see, in all directions, bodies hanging by rope and chain off the bridge, some still alive.

I go off-road, there's no room on the roads, i try to focus on the driving. "keep focused, keep focused" I keep repeating to my self.

Tang! Tang! Tang! Bullets are bouncing off my steel plating. A marauder truck is chasing me, the freak on the back is trying to reload his AR, but the bouncing of the truck makes it difficult.

I twist out the wheel and make a hard right... the marauders try the same, but their tires hit a crater in the ground, and truck flips end over end.

I'm free for now...
Last edited by JediMindTricks on Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image

Amelieee1
eBay name: Amelieee1

Post by Amelieee1 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:26 am

you need to yoink that 1919
Check out my ORP menu spreadsheet: https://bit.ly/2NqUFRX | I have: | British 24HR Box Rations | French RCIRs | Type I EPA |Danish Rations

M R Eedy

Post by M R Eedy » Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:30 am

84 bronco decent choice good story so far

M R Eedy

Post by M R Eedy » Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:30 am

86 even better