Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:26 am
you need to yoink that 1919
made a change
Image Image Image

SentientTootsieRoll

Re: I decided to do some creative writing during the quarantine

Post by SentientTootsieRoll » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:27 pm

-
Last edited by SentientTootsieRoll on Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JediMindTricks

Post by JediMindTricks » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:40 pm

Day 5

Driving through the night, carefully, avoiding everyone. If I saw lights in the distance, I went a different way. I made it 27 miles outside the city limits.

I drove into a state park, its pretty big, and I found a secluded spot, I know it well, it's on a hill, I have a good vantage point.

Its 8:17am, I park my truck.

Around me I see lots of big rocks, from 10-20 pounds. I gather as many as 45-50 of them and blocked the road about 50 feet down the hill from me. They’re piled 3 high, so most vehicles won’t be able to drive through.

Opening my trunk, a box falls from my truck. I don’t remember putting it there, but I was in a hurry, don’t expect to remember everything.

Inside is the plastic tarp I bought a few months ago. I’m lucky, its dark green in color. Using some shoelaces, branches, rocks, and other junk I attach a tarp to the side of the hill, a sheer wall of rock about 20 ft tall, and I stretch it over my truck. Now I have a little shelter in the area between the truck and the rock. Nice.

Now I get my guns, the shotgun is leaning on the wall, the Ak is slung over my shoulder and the two Glocks are in their holsters on both sides of my hips.

Realizing I don’t have any binoculars, I go to the ledge overlooking a part of the park below.

In the distance, a spurt of automatic fire, someone let out 10-12 rounds. I can’t tell how far it is, the echo makes it impossible.
Then silence, I wait 45 minutes, I hear no more gunfire. I keep trying to see between the trees, around 200-250ft down the hill there’s a small RV tipped on its side. Really small, enough for 2 people maximum.

I decide I have to exploit it for resources. I grab my backpack, throw it over my shoulder. Lets go

It takes me an hour to sneak up to the RV, I don’t hear any noise or talking…out of the corner of my eye I see a reflection from someone’s sunglasses. SHIT! Its an ambush!
Image Image Image

M R Eedy
eBay name: Creeder

Post by M R Eedy » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:21 pm

This is shaping up to be a nice mini series

JediMindTricks

Post by JediMindTricks » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:26 am

I apologize I am late. My niece and nephew took my time. Here's the continuation thats supposed to be for 3/20

Day 5 continued

I hit the deck, unslinging my Ak in the process.

“Shiiit, good going jackass, now you’re going to die” I say to myself.

Cold sweat starts dripping from my forehead.

Someone yells “You’re mine now ******!”

As a response I yell back “eat shit!”, not my best work. But I’ve never really been in a firefight during the apocalypse…so yeah.

I flip to my stomach, aim in the general direction I saw the reflection of the sunglasses, and squeeze off 8 rounds. As I finish firing the last round, the same voice yells “Holy shit man! What are you trying to do? Can we talk?” (in a deep southern twangy accent, sounds a bit like Larry the Cable Guy.)

“I thought you were talking a big game? What happened?”

“Man… I was just trying to scare you off! I’m unarmed! Seriously! Its just my wife and I”

I raise my head a few inches higher and yell for them to come out of the brush slowly, with hands raised.

I see a middle-aged, medium built, short man, hop out with a University of Alabama Crimson Tide sweatshirt and his wife, about the same size, was right behind him.

They look innocent enough.

I yell “Turn around, let me see you’re not strapped”

They oblige. They’re unarmed. I get up and walk towards them with my gun still aimed at them.

“What the hell are you doing? Why is your RV flipped over?”

“Oh man, we got run off the road by a marauder truck, weird thing is that they didn’t even stop to search the RV or say anything, seems they were looking for someone else.”

I lower my gun. “I see you’re from Alabama, why are you here in Minnesota?”

“We were on a tour of the Midwest when the virus struck. We’ve been trying to find areas to hide ever since, thought we’d be safer in the park, guess I was wrong.”

“I thought that shit finally hit the fan for me, honestly, when I saw your sunglasses reflect the sun, I thought things were over.” I tell them.

Finally a bit more relaxed, I told them to show me what all they had in the RV. Unfortunately not much, a lot of empty cans of food, bags of chips, a case of beer, 30ft of paracord. “Why the hell do you have paracord?”

“Para…what? I dunno man, my son used this RV last”

They also had a shitty pair of binoculars, great… I could see 10ft away now, but more clearly. Also a couple of folding knives, duct tape, and finally what looks like a year's supply of chew.

“Well, you guys weren’t even worth my effort of coming down the hill.”

“Oh wait! There’s a compartment on the side of the RV, we have shit in there.”

I pry open the door, and finally things I can use. There’s a 600 lumen LED flashlight, crowbars, a portable generator, a toolbox, and in the back, behind a pair of boots, two boxes of shotgun shells. “Fuuu yes!” Finally, I can utilize my Mossberg if the need arises.”

“Okay, I don’t think we can flip your RV over, you want to come with me for now?”

“Oh sweet baby jesus! Thank you. Yes please. Should I bring the beer?”

Well goddammit, I wouldn’t be a man if I said no to some beer. “You can bring each of us a couple of beers, but I need you to carry these items up the hill.

After 35 minutes, we make it up the hill. Nothing seems to be disturbed.

“What are your names?”

“Rick and my wife is Dotty. Whats your name stranger?”

“Call me Seabass”

Its 56 degrees outside, we’re not freezing, but Dotty looked shook-up and trembling. I made a small fire, barely a foot in diameter, close to the rock wall, so the heat would bounce off and warm us more. We spent an hour gathering branches, we have enough for a few hours.”

We sit against the rock wall, sipping beer, eating some chips. Maybe things will be okay for the night
Image Image Image