San Pellegrino Traditional: Limonata

For non-MRE, non-ration topics
RGoodellSr
eBay name: Goodell911

San Pellegrino Traditional: Limonata

Post by RGoodellSr » Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:13 pm

Sanpellegrino Limonata.jpg
"Sparkling lemon beverage with 16% lemon juice from concentrate with other natural flavors"

Produced by:
Sanpellegrino S.p.A.
Sanpellegrino Terme (BG)
Loc, Ruspino, Italy

Review:
I actually found this one can quite by accident hidden in a dark corner of our refrigerator. I have no clue where it came, or who put it there. I know that my wife and teenage boys deny any knowledge and have been avoiding it for some time while slowly pushing it farther back on one shelf or another to make it as invisible as possible. This morning I searched for items to take to work and there it was, staring me directly in the face... So I decided to be brave and bring it along. I'm sure happy I did.

The product was manufactured in Italy, and there is nothing on the label to indicate who may be responsible for distribution in the USA. Except for the factory address information, everything is in English. Some quick research finds this companies products readily available for purchase in the USA from any number of online sources, including WalMart (no in-store availability.)

The first thing that gets your attention when you open one is the smell. Rich, fresh lemon scent hits your nose hard in a very pleasant way. That first sip tells you that the taste is even better than the smell... Just like a real homemade lemonade from fresh fruit. Lightly carbonated, and sweetened just enough to balance the natural acidity, the flavor makes your tongue want to guzzle the entire can but your brain says to only take sips to make it last longer. This is unlike any citrus soda beverage I've ever tried, and I really want to try some of the other flavors.

If you ever get the opportunity to try this (in any flavor,) I highly recommend that you do.

Ingredients:
Water
Sugar
Lemon Juice
Lemon Juice Concentrate
Carbon Dioxide
Pectin
Natural Flavors

Nutritional:
Calories, 120
Carbohydrates, 31g
Sugrars, 26g
Sodium, 5mg

Available flavors, 11.15oz (330ml) can or 6.75oz (200ml) bottle:
Orange
Blood Orange
Mandarin Orange
Pomegranate Orange
Lemon
Lemon Mint
Grapefruit
Prickly Pear

Also available:
Chinotto Orange, 6.75oz (200ml) bottle
Please visit Rick & Aedyn on YouTube: MRE Goodell

Flange

Re: San Pellegrino Traditional: Limonata

Post by Flange » Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:03 pm

Nice write up. I also really like the removable heavy foil cover over the drinking surface to keep it all clean. Be sure to put red (or blood) orange on your list of flavors to try. That's my favorite, followed by grapefruit.