They're not all Piper Cubs

For non-MRE, non-ration topics
RockyRaab

They're not all Piper Cubs

Post by RockyRaab » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:58 am

Just a long-standing annoyance of mine...

I read the MRE forum and see posts about all kinds of rations, none of which is an MRE. I see videos about MREs only to learn that the ration discussed is something else.

People: MRE is NOT a generic term for any and all rations. An MRE is one very specific ration type, just as a Piper Cub is one specific type of airplane. If you want to talk about an IRP or an LRP, or an MCW, or a CRM, a C-rat, or any other kind of military ration then call it that. And put it in the correct forum, PLEASE.
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Amelieee1
eBay name: Amelieee1

Re: They're not all Piper Cubs

Post by Amelieee1 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:06 pm

RockyRaab wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:58 am
Just a long-standing annoyance of mine...

I read the MRE forum and see posts about all kinds of rations, none of which is an MRE. I see videos about MREs only to learn that the ration discussed is something else.

People: MRE is NOT a generic term for any and all rations. An MRE is one very specific ration type, just as a Piper Cub is one specific type of airplane. If you want to talk about an IRP or an LRP, or an MCW, or a CRM, a C-rat, or any other kind of military ration then call it that. And put it in the correct forum, PLEASE.
my dad does this and its so annoying lol
Check out my ORP menu spreadsheet: https://bit.ly/2NqUFRX | I have: | British 24HR Box Rations | French RCIRs | Type I EPA |Danish Rations

Travelowl

Post by Travelowl » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:16 pm

Agreed!

And not all copy machines are Xerox.

Not all tissues are Kleenex.

I’m sure there’s more.

Smitty

Post by Smitty » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:39 pm

This has been bugging me a lot lately too. I try to mention it to people when I see it, but I literally can't keep up :P
All the best, Gents.

- I'm also making videos mainly for my own enjoyment, but hey, maybe you might want to check them out: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4-9gp ... C1dSyPX0w/

housil

Post by housil » Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:24 am

"MREs" became a synonym at general language use for any military ration like over here. Any camping food is called an "EPa".

But you are right
RockyRaab wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:58 am
And put it in the correct forum
When I notice it, I move them usually. If I miss one, don´t hesitate to shoot me a PM about. Image

RockyRaab

Post by RockyRaab » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:47 am

I just looked at the MRE forum, and something like 11 of the first 12 posts are about something other than MREs.

kman
Site Admin

Post by kman » Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:08 am

Good catch, Rocky. That's on us as the Moderators...we'll try to stay on top of moving the topics around to the right place!

Smitty

Post by Smitty » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:56 pm

RockyRaab wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:47 am
I just looked at the MRE forum, and something like 11 of the first 12 posts are about something other than MREs.
To be fair, though, it does say MRE and other US rations. Though I see your point in that there are discussions other than US rations in there.
All the best, Gents.

- I'm also making videos mainly for my own enjoyment, but hey, maybe you might want to check them out: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4-9gp ... C1dSyPX0w/

RockyRaab

Post by RockyRaab » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:46 pm

I'll be fair and acknowledge that.