Old but new

For non-MRE, non-ration topics
Spine

Old but new

Post by Spine » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:49 am

I’m just posting to out reach to those on YouTube and those who don’t. In all reality I freaking hate computers and all of the web. I’m going to be uploading videos of rations...... yeah I know everyone’s doing it. Don’t care though , still seems like fun for me. Man I hope I don’t get the rant from you guys for “ improper posting “. I’m in mid Florida so I have a collection of tropical chocolates . What do you guys and gals shoot and record on? Anyone out there willing to support a history lover ? Honestly it was Steve’s overly indulgent reviews that attracted me. Had no idea that others had interest to yet an unsung spokesman called rations. I’ve had a few back in the day but didn’t blink twice. I’ve been a recluse to tech by choice. Yet that being said it’s just a matter of catching up with the signs of the times. I’m just looking for a bit of guidance from those that are wise. Seriously though what do you shoot on? I see that’s a trade secret. Who can I trust to buy rations from or is it your secret source so others don’t have ?¿. None the less I totally respect y’all. Yeah I rambled, sorry bout that. I just don’t have the time to go back and read outdated info that my or not be valid to date. Honestly I don’t know who to trust and not. Or what’s valid or not. Lost focus lol .... I’m sure those will laugh and those that are better. Just seeking sources and information. Thanx a lot for your time and honesty.

-JC

Smitty

Re: Old but new

Post by Smitty » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:51 pm

Hello Spine, welcome.

Personally I use an expensive digital camera and a go pro action camera, but a LOT of guys use their cellphones and they work swimmingly. Some even edit on there.

Again, I use a less than user friendly program called Davinci Resolve. There is a learning curve, and you need a good computer. Again: Cellphones save the day. Many people shoot those videos on the phone and then use an editting app to edit. I think ViperGTS mentioned that he uses Power Director. Check out the post below this one as he speaks about it there. (viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10474)

Make it however you want and who cares what anyone else thinks. That's how I feel about it, haha. So long as I'm having fun, I'll make videos.
All the best, Gents.

- I'm also making videos mainly for my own enjoyment, but hey, maybe you might want to check them out: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4-9gp ... C1dSyPX0w/

BTemple
eBay name: btem9257

Post by BTemple » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:33 pm

I shoot with my cellphone (Samsung S8) and a tripod, and I use a program called Movavi to edit my videos. Had to pay for it but it wasn't very expensive and I love how easy it is to use.
After exporting the file from my editing software I run it through an app called Handbrake that converts the file type so it is smaller and makes uploading on YouTube very easy. HD video that's say 20 minutes long then only takes a few minutes to upload and post on YouTube.

For getting rations.... scour eBay, and I've cultivated sources through this forum and then offshoots from that.
In the immortal words of President Harrison Ford, Air Force One: Peace is not the absence of war... it is the presence of justice.

Spine

Post by Spine » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:24 am

Thanx guys! Love the positive feedback.

RSMRE

Post by RSMRE » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:44 pm

Let us know when you post a video....would like to sub
Sellers/Traders I recommend: ViperGTS x2, Salty Croc, donjuan_21,Sturm44,Ration_Man