Starting to shoot ration reviews

For non-MRE, non-ration topics
michel2827
eBay name: onkelcarsten

Starting to shoot ration reviews

Post by michel2827 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:35 am

Hi MRE community,

i'm planning to shoot my own ration reviews for my own review channel. I have some questions to the members who do review vids. Which cameras do you use for that. I was looking for some camera but i'm not sure which one is good. I was looking for some GoPro's and some normal cameras too. Also, what editing software do you use for your videos. I have no clue what i should use.
Tried lots of foreign rations from Europe and Northern America. Want to try Asian and South American rations

jfko6
eBay name: jfk9

Re: Starting to shoot ration reviews

Post by jfko6 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:16 pm

There are some threads that have this topic already hashed out in this Off Topic forum.
The Long Gray Line
U.S. Army Veteran
Duty * Honor * Country
American Legion Legionnaire

BTemple
eBay name: btem9257

Post by BTemple » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:39 pm

michel2827 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:35 am
Hi MRE community,

i'm planning to shoot my own ration reviews for my own review channel. I have some questions to the members who do review vids. Which cameras do you use for that. I was looking for some camera but i'm not sure which one is good. I was looking for some GoPro's and some normal cameras too. Also, what editing software do you use for your videos. I have no clue what i should use.
I use my phone to shoot my reviews, just a Samsung A5 and I use Movavi editing software. You do have to pay for it but it is perfect.
In the immortal words of President Harrison Ford, Air Force One: Peace is not the absence of war... it is the presence of justice.

Delicious
eBay name: piograbo.g96x9if

Post by Delicious » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:56 pm

I started using an old Toshiba camera for $50. It was a good tool to learn a bit , but the main problem was the sound quality, a lot of noises. And the sound is the key feature - if people cannot hear you well - all your effort is wasted. The number two is light

It is worth to have a camera that enables you to connect an external mic (like Canon 700D).
Now I shoot using Olympus OM-D 5 Mk II, but some of the scenes or even whole videos are made with my Samsung S9. The picture quality can be even better (HDR processing, AI for improvements). During ration filming the scenes are rather static, so the matrix stabilization in my camera doesn't make such difference

So my advice would be - if you have a modern, good smartphone - use just that (plus tripod), you can use also headphones with mic for better sound quality - buy just make some short tests.
Have access to: Polish, French, UK, US, sometimes other.
Interested in:New Zealand, Jordan, Israel, any South America
Ration reviews: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo9H0e ... u9BsrZzK5g