Swanson's Hungry Man breakfast

For non-MRE, non-ration topics
Baldy

Swanson's Hungry Man breakfast

Post by Baldy » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:41 pm

I found this pretty funny (warning - some profanity): http://www.x-entertainment.com/articles/0744/

wstrnsky

Re: Swanson's Hungry Man breakfast

Post by wstrnsky » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:37 pm

Ok I think I just threw up a little bit.

Stef

Post by Stef » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:31 pm

buaaaah... :?
In principio erat spamum

Bypah

Post by Bypah » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:00 pm

OK..ok....the article was hilarious.... :lol: but....why does he has to joke fat people??/ :shock: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Actually 3-4 pancakes with eggs (any style),hashbrowns and 3 strips of bacon is the Denny's grand slam !!!!! :shock: and it was given for free in all their stores a couple of weeks ago..... Add to that the side of 3-4 links....and that doesn't include the buiscuits or toasts!!!:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
That's an American breakfast....

Is so hipocritical that they criticize Swansson's when people eat that DAILY in different restaurants around the country...including McD's..... :roll: :roll:

Recently a restaurant chain , IHOP had a speciall, all you can eat pancakes for $4.99....a stack of four ,with sides...!!!!!! :shock: :shock:
I bet the blogger has nothing else to do .... :roll:

Enuff said....
Peace!!!
8)
"Live long and prosper..."

kman
Site Admin

Post by kman » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:49 pm

From the original link:

I'll have to go through an MRE and see how much everything in it adds up to be. I know it'll be over 1,200 calories, but I'm curious about the fat and sodium content.

housil

Post by housil » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:04 am

As I can eat "low fat 100" only, means 3,3g fat per 100 cal only, I think (pretty sure) MRE´s are having less fat (excapt the cheese :( )

bl00k
eBay name: bl00k

Post by bl00k » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:51 am

Bypah wrote: Is so hipocritical that they criticize Swansson's when people eat that DAILY in different restaurants around the country...including McD's..... :roll: :roll:
But there's a difference between Swanson meals and meals that have been prepared specially for you in a restaurant.

Bacon, pancakes and fries aren't unhealthy by definition, it's the way their treated/prepared that counts a lot. But with pretty much all food; too much is bad. :mrgreen:

Garron
eBay name: Bigg1989

Post by Garron » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:33 am

wow 231% of you daily Cholesterol :shock: Thats quite impressive! In an unhealthy way.

Baldy

Post by Baldy » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:11 am

Garron wrote:wow 231% of you daily Cholesterol :shock: Thats quite impressive! In an unhealthy way.
I know the figure on the label is based on a recommended maximum, but I still have a vision of someone saying 'Gee, am I getting enough cholesterol?'

(Edited for clarity)
Last edited by Baldy on Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Big Galloot

Post by Big Galloot » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:56 am

Baldy wrote:I know the figure on the label is a recommended maximum, but I still have a vision of someone saying 'Gee, am I getting enough cholesterol?'
You gotta keep an eye on that fine print; that is 231% of your daily allowance of cholesterol based on a 2,000 calorie diet. My guess is that most people who start out the day with a 1,030 calorie breakfast, are not restricting themselves to 2,000 calories.

BTW - That number refers to the amount of cholesterol, expected to be in a healthy 2,000 calorie regimen, so if you are consuming the American average of 3,790 calories, you have only consumed 121% of your daily cholesterol. I recommend the Hungry-Man Backyard Barbecue XXL for lunch.
Attachments
XXL.jpg
You can pick your friends
and you can pick your nose
but you can't roll your friends into little green balls!