Choc. Hazelnut Cocoa beverage

Post your favorite tips, tricks, recipes.
Shadowrunner

Choc. Hazelnut Cocoa beverage

Post by Shadowrunner » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:13 pm

I just tried menu 15 - Mexican Style Chicken Stew. The chocolate beverage powder was far more flavorful than expected! I think they were going for what in Californian Spanish is called a Champurrado. It's spiced hot chocolate. Usually there's cinnamon and ground hot pepper added to spice it up. If you have ice, cayenne, and a spare coffee instant packet on hand, I highly recommend adding all that in, you'll get a delicious sweet and spicy treat with a strong caffeinated kick. It might be placebo given the commentary I've heard about strong g.i. coffee, but I just had my first MRE coffee packet by throwing it in, drank the whole thing down quickly, and boy does it kick hard for the small amount of coffee it is. You could probably also save half the red pepper flakes from the MRE intended for the chicken stew and add those in, if you don't mind the flakes in the drink.

Sailswish

Re: Choc. Hazelnut Cocoa beverage

Post by Sailswish » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:14 pm

I've put a squirt of sriracha on ice cream, but haven't used it in coffee yet. Hmmm.

Shadowrunner

Re: Choc. Hazelnut Cocoa beverage

Post by Shadowrunner » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:27 pm

Sailswish wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:14 pm
I've put a squirt of sriracha on ice cream, but haven't used it in coffee yet. Hmmm.
Careful, the vinegar along with the salt is going to make the coffee suck. Stay away from acidity and salt with coffee.