Thinking about selling on ebay... Tips?

Post your favorite tips, tricks, recipes.
carlosflar

Thinking about selling on ebay... Tips?

Post by carlosflar » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:41 pm

So i'm thinking about selling rations on ebay but i'm not sure how to handle the shipping and that sort of things... Never sold on ebay before... Also, i'd like to be able to ship to all europe...
Any tips from you guys?
I have Spanish rations permanently, feel free to ask :!:
Interested in: International rations,medical items, emergency kits and other
YT channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/carlosflar

LaSwede
eBay name: LaGaurdian

Re: Thinking about selling on ebay... Tips?

Post by LaSwede » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:48 pm

I don't know how shipping in spain works(If I remember correctly, that's were you're from?).

But here in sweden shipping a 2 kg package abroad to anywhere on the planet basically costs the same. It can differ on 1-3 euro depending on which country the destination is. So what I have done is to set a fixed rate for all packages, since everything costs as earlier stated.

I have bought from several retailers on ebay that offers world wide shipping. But instead of stating how much shipping is, it only says to contact them for an estimate. I have not seen it as an disadvantage, it takes two minutes for me as a customer to ask for shipping cost!

If you decide to use this approach towards shipping it makes it easy for you as a seller to offer world wide shipping without having to calculate shipping cost for every package for all nations. The only calculations needed is when a customer asks :)
Have access to several different Swedish rations.

Looking for:
Italian, Canadian, Spanish, Japanese and any from south america.

carlosflar

Post by carlosflar » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:28 pm

LaSwede wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:48 pm

I have bought from several retailers on ebay that offers world wide shipping. But instead of stating how much shipping is, it only says to contact them for an estimate. I have not seen it as an disadvantage, it takes two minutes for me as a customer to ask for shipping cost!

If you decide to use this approach towards shipping it makes it easy for you as a seller to offer world wide shipping without having to calculate shipping cost for every package for all nations. The only calculations needed is when a customer asks :)
So i should post the add without shipping? but how can they buy it then?
I have Spanish rations permanently, feel free to ask :!:
Interested in: International rations,medical items, emergency kits and other
YT channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/carlosflar

LaSwede
eBay name: LaGaurdian

Post by LaSwede » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:03 pm

They can always buy it, but not pay since you haven't specified shipping method/price. When they click the buy button they also commit to buying the product with the shipping cost you specify in step 4.

So in theory:
1. A person ask for shipping cost
2. You give him/her the cost
3. He/she buys
4. You specifiy the shipping cost for that specific order on your ebay page.
5. Then they pay
6. You ship

Make sure to write clearly in the ebay listing to which countrys or continents you will ship or if possibly world wide.

Example:
"WE WILL OF COURSE POST WORLDWIDE BUT PLEASE CONTACT US FOR POSTAGE COSTS PRIOR TO BIDDING."
Have access to several different Swedish rations.

Looking for:
Italian, Canadian, Spanish, Japanese and any from south america.