Herb Chicken info

Post your favorite tips, tricks, recipes.
sdrozza

Herb Chicken info

Post by sdrozza » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:41 am

Just ordered a herb chicken - menu 21. Can anyone give me some more info about its contents/quality/age? Never had one before.
"I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine." - Ayn Rand

parafireboy
eBay name: parafireboy

Re: Herb Chicken info

Post by parafireboy » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:15 pm

sdrozza wrote:Just ordered a herb chicken - menu 21. Can anyone give me some more info about its contents/quality/age? Never had one before.
Greetings! Is it an official US DoD-issue MRE, or a commercial one? Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but I'm pretty sure there haven't been any menus with this as the main entree in the past five years. They do have a First Strike Ration that has the herb chicken though, so it's possible that a ration contractor is using the herb chicken entrees in commercial rations. The recent military-issue MREs are Lemon Pepper Tuna in menu 21.

RockyRaab

Post by RockyRaab » Thu May 11, 2017 8:25 am

The herb chicken is the alternate menu for Meal #21. It's approved for when tuna is scarce.

I had one, and it is absolutely delicious. IMO it should replace the tuna option entirely. Mine was half of an actual chicken breast, not a formed chunk of miscellaneous chicken paste. The seasoned broth was excellent, and all of the sides were good.
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

parafireboy
eBay name: parafireboy

Post by parafireboy » Thu May 11, 2017 1:52 pm

RockyRaab wrote:The herb chicken is the alternate menu for Meal #21. It's approved for when tuna is scarce.

I had one, and it is absolutely delicious. IMO it should replace the tuna option entirely. Mine was half of an actual chicken breast, not a formed chunk of miscellaneous chicken paste. The seasoned broth was excellent, and all of the sides were good.
That's cool! I liked it as well. I'm not a big fan of tuna anyway, so it would be perfectly fine with me if they transitioned to menu 21 being strictly the herb chicken. :)

steve1989
eBay name: -

Post by steve1989 » Fri May 12, 2017 3:12 am

RockyRaab wrote:The herb chicken is the alternate menu for Meal #21. It's approved for when tuna is scarce.

Oh wow, I have to try out the herb chicken then! Sure sounds like it's beating out those square eraser shaped chicken pieces in other MRE entrees.

sdrozza

Post by sdrozza » Fri May 12, 2017 6:24 pm

hey steve,

I got it on surplusandoutdoors. wasn't bad.
"I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine." - Ayn Rand

alohakid
eBay name: admirals72

Post by alohakid » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:00 pm

sdrozza wrote:Just ordered a herb chicken - menu 21. Can anyone give me some more info about its contents/quality/age? Never had one before.
sdrozza - Received a similar menu #21 (2356/December 21, 2012) yesterday which I purchased from eBay this past Thursday ($14.96 shipped)... below are the contents:

1. Entree - Chicken Breast seasoned with Garlic and Herbs (YUM)
2. Tortillas (2 in pack)
3. Baked Snack Crackers Cheddar (YUM)
4. Carrot Pound cake (Not tried it, as I don't care for carrots cake)
5. Smoke Almonds (YUM)
6. Fat-Free Mayo
6. Dairy-shake Strawberry-Banna (YUM YUM)
7. 1 MRE Brown Spoon
8. Accessory Pack (Beverage Base Rasberry, Salt, Pepper, Moist Towelette, Chicklets, Paper Towel)

Having trouble finding another on eBay... the Dairy-shake Strawberry-Banna was worth the price... if I could find just the shakes, I be in heaven man!

mahalo

UPDATE: Found another on Ebay located in Lithuania US $22.08/Shipping US $6.49 = US $28.57 :shock: :shock: :shock: