Chili Mac tips

Post your favorite tips, tricks, recipes.
sdrozza

Chili Mac tips

Post by sdrozza » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:30 pm

What do you do to make the meal better?
"I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine." - Ayn Rand

RockyRaab

Re: Chili Mac tips

Post by RockyRaab » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:39 am

No American needs it any better unless it's to make it spicier - but different cultures have different taste traditions. I have no idea what a Brit would consider "delicious" but I suspect it tends to the blander side of things. If Chili Mac is too spicy for you, there's nothing you can do to "unspice" it.

I always add Tabasco, or the red pepper that comes with it. Or both. I doubt that would appeal to you.

One thing you might try is to crush up the crackers and mix that in. It will add crunch and dilute the spices a bit.
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Eistee
eBay name: mjulian-de

Post by Eistee » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:40 pm

I put butter buds in to enhance the flavor.
And also crush a cracker in it.

Conrad
eBay name: ConradsAutoParts

Post by Conrad » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:12 am

Tabasco/hot sauce and crunch up a cracker and put that in. Simple.

sdrozza

Post by sdrozza » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:29 am

RockyRaab wrote:No American needs it any better unless it's to make it spicier - but different cultures have different taste traditions. I have no idea what a Brit would consider "delicious" but I suspect it tends to the blander side of things. If Chili Mac is too spicy for you, there's nothing you can do to "unspice" it.

I always add Tabasco, or the red pepper that comes with it. Or both. I doubt that would appeal to you.

One thing you might try is to crush up the crackers and mix that in. It will add crunch and dilute the spices a bit.
I LOVE spice. Put half the packet of red pepper in.
"I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine." - Ayn Rand

RockyRaab

Post by RockyRaab » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:41 am

Good for you, my friend! Glad to hear there indeed are pepper heads in old Blighty! Upon reflection, I realize that the huge popularity of Indian cuisine has probably been a watershed event for British taste buds. Bubble and squeak has made way for vindalu. And my stereotype needs updating.
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.