Drink mixing?

Post your favorite tips, tricks, recipes.
jeepmang 3333

Drink mixing?

Post by jeepmang 3333 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:33 pm

So it seems like my drink powders never dissolve all the way, cold water ,bottled from the tap or well it always has chunks or it lays on the bottom of the bottle even after shaking it like crazy. I am pretty new to the MRE deal so maybe its just accepted? MRE's have been 2013 and 15 so dates shouldn't be an issue.
And while we are on the subject anybody have a go to cup they use? I was looking at the ones people use for protein shakes and such that have the little ball in there to blend it however I saw one that had fins or something fixed to the bottom of the top which seems better to me so I dont have a ball to lose or wash separate. Any ideas?

jeepmang 3333

Re: Drink mixing?

Post by jeepmang 3333 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:04 am

Something similar to http://www.vitaminworld.com/cyclone-cup ... 11&start=3. Is what I was thinking about.

RockyRaab

Post by RockyRaab » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:24 am

Keep in mind that the troops those drinks are designed for don't have ice water. At best it's barely cool, and chances are it's close to 100°F. If possible, it's best for the rest of us to mix the powder into lukewarm water and THEN add ice to cool it down.

But I agree that the mixability of the current drink mixes is just plain awful. Why they can't simply buy commercial drink powders is beyond me.
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Apocalypse

Post by Apocalypse » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:19 am

Zip-lock drink bags from IMPs. Excellent thought put into them.
-------------------------------------
Offence cannot be given, only taken.