Question on shipping single mre's

Post your favorite tips, tricks, recipes.
Ymer34
eBay name: ymerviking

Re: Question on shipping single mre's

Post by Ymer34 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:28 pm

When i got the MREs from SoldierOfFortune it was declared as memorabilia. And got others as camping gear/mre

parafireboy
eBay name: parafireboy

Post by parafireboy » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:08 am

I've received packages from Europe that were declared as "MRE" or "processed camping food" and it arrived intact. As for ones I ship overseas, I tend to use "processed camping food" and if it is a vegetarian menu, I make sure to list it as "vegetarian processed camping/hiking food", and have had good luck thus far.

My post office has gotten onto me before about "camping supplies" and made me be more specific on the customs declaration.

carlosflar

Post by carlosflar » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:37 am

housil wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:51 am
Note the "local" customs regulations:

Into the US:
If you are a private individual who wishes to send beverage and food items to the U.S., you should be aware that some items are highly restricted, particularly food items with meat products, including soup mixes, bouillon, sausages, tinned meats, etc., and fresh produce.

Into Canada:
no goods containing meat

Into Europa:
The Community rules do not allow the importation of meat, meat products, milk and milk products

So if you label your parcels, label them correct (but just don´t mention the prohibited items and hope... :wink: )
I've shipped a bunch of times to USA, but the last time i was requested by the FDA to make some paperwork on bioterrorism threat XD just a document stating what is inside and wh o produced it and pay them 10 bucks to put the paper on the package... its sometimes a bit random... But if you ship from EU to EU countries, like a bliss no problems at all ever
I have Spanish rations permanently, feel free to ask :!:
Interested in: International rations,medical items, emergency kits and other
YT channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/carlosflar

fun2drive

Post by fun2drive » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:53 am

I used camping supplies and shipped to Germany, England and Canada and there was no issue what so ever. I think they opened the box in Canada but didn't disturb anything. I think pre-processed camping food or non perishable camping food as alternatives...